PDA

View Full Version : Three teams to use Reynard

WickerBill
01-21-03, 09:25 AM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5395

I'm happy about this because I think the Reynard is a better looking car. :)

Now...let's see some 2003 paint schemes...

JoeBob
01-21-03, 10:11 AM
What that article didn't say was whether Walker got the design for the undertray that Forsythe came up with last year. It sure would be nice if the Reynards got that little boost.

rabbit
01-21-03, 10:18 AM
As glad as I am to see another chassis in the series, is there anyone who seriously thinks the Reynards aregoing to be even remotely competitive. Everyone is so excited about "American" Team Spirit Johnson and the pairing of JV and RHR, but a first-year team running Reynards spells backmarker to me.

JLMannin
01-21-03, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
As glad as I am to see another chassis in the series, is there anyone who seriously thinks the Reynards aregoing to be even remotely competitive. Everyone is so excited about "American" Team Spirit Johnson and the pairing of JV and RHR, but a first-year team running Reynards spells backmarker to me.

I agree with you on the backmarker potential. I also think it likely that even if Johansson (Stevie Johnson, I loved that!) purchased the old Reynard chassis from Forsythe, they would come with 100% factory configuration and not with all the Forsythe development peices.

Does anyone know how they came to Johansson?