PDA

View Full Version : I love my job....

rocket
09-26-03, 01:53 AM
especially on days like this, one of the customers I work closely with was in town for a couple days. Well we had a meeting then lunch around noon, some more meeting, 2:30pm hop a train into Chicago. Spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening roaming around Michigan Ave, and Watertower place. Head out to dinner at Fogo De Chao. If you've never been there, it is a Brazilian place they just keep bringing around like 14 different kinds of meats on skewers, they stop at you plate if your card is flipped to the green side, if it is on the red they pass you up, this is an all you can eat place. Unbelievable the quality of food and service...amazing. We had a party of 8 and ran up a bill of almost $900 including the bar tab. Just got home a little while ago, 14 hours with the customer, on the company, and I get paid for it, time and a half the last 6 hours to.:D

Eagle104
09-26-03, 02:50 AM
great gig. :cool:

i had some white castles on the way home from work.

hope you high rollers tipped your waitress well...or tucked at least
$5 bills (where did you say you were?? :laugh: ).

chop456
09-26-03, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by rocket
especially on days like this, one of the customers I work closely with was in town for a couple days. Well we had a meeting then lunch around noon, some more meeting, 2:30pm hop a train into Chicago. Spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening roaming around Michigan Ave, and Watertower place. Head out to dinner at Fogo De Chao. If you've never been there, it is a Brazilian place they just keep bringing around like 14 different kinds of meats on skewers, they stop at you plate if your card is flipped to the green side, if it is on the red they pass you up, this is an all you can eat place. Unbelievable the quality of food and service...amazing. We had a party of 8 and ran up a bill of almost $900 including the bar tab. Just got home a little while ago, 14 hours with the customer, on the company, and I get paid for it, time and a half the last 6 hours to.:D

Dude. Too weird. :eek: As I was eating dinner at home tonight, for some reason I thought of Fogo De Chao. I was thinking about the possibility of going there in November and thought to myself "Man, I bet rocket could really do some damage at that place". Did they get that "Uh oh!" look on their face when you walked in? :D

It's a cool place, isn't it? I ate my arse off when we went there last winter. I outdid everyone in our party, including some people who are a lot bigger than me. ("That's nothing to be proud of, Rusty"). The pork was great, and the bacon-wrapped filets, and the Linguica sausage, especially. And the mojitos(sp?)

There's a decent one in Schaumburg, Sal y Carvao, but it's not quite as good as Fogo.

I'm hungry now.

rocket
09-26-03, 03:37 AM
I wonder if they have kid rates, because I know Brit wouldn't be trying everything. I think my fave was the bacon wrapped fillet and bacon wrapped chicken breast, o the lamb was good and the bbq beef, and the pork loin, for that matter so were the beef ribs, pork ribs and sausages:D.

I must have put away at least 2.5 pounds of meat :thumbup: they are still in business tho.

We should check on the kids rates...if they exist, I'm sure Warlock would be up for a trip down there in November.

rocket
09-26-03, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Dude. Too weird. :eek: As I was eating dinner at home tonight, for some reason I thought of Fogo De Chao. I was thinking about the possibility of going there in November and thought to myself "Man, I bet rocket could really do some damage at that place".

You know what they say man...great minds think alike... I've got this plan for world domination we need to discuss. I think it'll work. :D

chop456
09-26-03, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by rocket
You know what they say man...great minds think alike... I've got this plan for world domination we need to discuss. I think it'll work. :D

I'll settle for dominating my own house. :D