PDA

View Full Version : Peggy Sue!!

DjDrOmusic
09-25-03, 07:06 PM
I got an Email from Peggy Sue Gerron, THE Peggy Sue of Buddy Holly fame! It floored me when it showed up on my computer. It was a very nice letter, and one that I have printed out to keep. The song Peggy Sue was originally titled Cindy Lou, but was changed at the request of Buddy's friend, Jerry Allison, the drummer for The Crickets, who had a crush on Peggy Sue. So Buddy changed the lyrics, to surprise and impress Peggy Sue for Jerry, and the rest is history. I'd share the letter with you, but I'd like to keep it between her and I, but it is warm and quite an honor. Just needed to share that with my second family! :)

racer2c
09-25-03, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
I got an Email from Peggy Sue Gerron, THE Peggy Sue of Buddy Holly fame! It floored me when it showed up on my computer. It was a very nice letter, and one that I have printed out to keep. The song Peggy Sue was originally titled Cindy Lou, but was changed at the request of Buddy's friend, Jerry Allison, the drummer for The Crickets, who had a crush on Peggy Sue. So Buddy changed the lyrics, to surprise and impress Peggy Sue for Jerry, and the rest is history. I'd share the letter with you, but I'd like to keep it between her and I, but it is warm and quite an honor. Just needed to share that with my second family! :)

:thumbup:

Cool.

Eagle104
09-26-03, 03:02 AM
very cool honor.

thanks for letting us know.

:thumbup: