PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... how was it?

rabbit
09-25-03, 02:41 PM
The pit walkabout? (For those of you who got to go.)

Lizzerd
09-25-03, 03:44 PM
The only place you could go was in front of the garages on pit lane. Barriers set you back about 20 - 25 feet from the garage doors. Too crowded. Couldn't get near the barriers to see anything. I think the people in the first three or four deep at the barriers had been there all morning. Pretty worthless if you ask me.

Cam
09-25-03, 04:02 PM
Packed!!!! I would bet more people there today than there was for non-bubble day! :eek:

Jonezzy_33
09-25-03, 04:27 PM
I felt like I was amongst a bunch of teenage girls at a N'SYNC concert when Schumacher came out and was signing autographs. I had one group of kids elbowing my kidneys and I was basically PINNED in amongst about 100 people. It was really cool seeing Schuey that close. It was wild but not worth it in the end, I was never able to get close enough to get Michael's autograph and I missed Fernando Alonso too. I also heard that Kimi Raikkonen was out at one point, but wasn't too sure on it. :( :(

I thought it was pretty cool being able to watch them work on the cars and put them together like that. Jaguar started their engine a couple of times and that was really cool. I also saw Max Papis there roaming around the garages. Overall it was a pretty neat experience being able to get up close somewhat. I can't wait for this weekend!

Cam
09-25-03, 04:42 PM
I also thought THIS (http://www.pccruisers.com/renault-headers.jpg) was pretty cool! :D

stymie
09-25-03, 05:01 PM
I enjoyed it, was there early and able to get good looks at all of the cars; however I was gone before the drivers appeared. And I was definately gone before it was this crowded

http://www.f1total.com/bilder/2003/15usa/do/003.jpg

USGP Girls were not bad either;)

RaceChic
09-25-03, 05:08 PM
Wow! That's insane!!!
That's what happens when things aren't as accessible as a CART venue. We're very lucky with CART, really. :D

nissan gtp
09-25-03, 05:10 PM
good grief that's incredible !!!

Railbird
09-25-03, 05:32 PM
I thought it was pretty cool

Took enough time to get up close to the BAR garage and then just sat on the pit wall people watching.

Definately good enough reason to slip out of work for a few hours on a sunny day.

JoeBob
09-25-03, 05:40 PM
Are all those people on the F1 pit road? I didn't realize how much wider it was than the one they use for the other races! No wonder the NASCAR boys were making noise about wanting to use the F1 pit road because the regular one is too narrow!