PDA

View Full Version : Woo Doggies UPDATE..good and bad news

DjDrOmusic
01-20-03, 11:11 PM
Hey everyone, if you read Rocket's thread about the nametags, you'll know about his generous offer to make them, so send him your forum name ASAP if you're planning to attend.
Now for the bad news... my contact at Team Rahal was "downsized" despite the IRL entry and finds herself having to sell a large part of her racing memoribilia. I have invited her to come to the get together to give all of you first crack at the stuff before it appears on EBAY. She will be sending me list of the items which I can post here when I get them. To say the least I feel terrible for her, as she became not only a reliable contact at Team Rahal but a friend as well. I guess business is business but it doesn't make up for the fact that a good person is now looking for work. As for doorprizes from Team Rahal, I'm not sure there will be any at this get together, but I'm sure I'll have something to give away from somewhere.
I'm also not making too much headway at getting hotels to offer discounts. There is a Motel 6 across the road from the plaza, as well as Red Roof Inn and several other choices. I'm still pushing them so stay tuned...
I'll update everyone soon :)

Lizzerd
01-20-03, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about door prizes, Doc. The comraderie alone is more than enough for me.

Now, if you want to make the event an auction too...

rocket
01-20-03, 11:46 PM
That stinks about your friend being downsized, I'm with Lizzerd as far as the door prizes go, watching him get plastered is well worth the drive.:D Myself, chop456, and Warlock! I believe will be staying at the Fairfield inn, $55 a night is what I paid.

Twisty Bits
01-30-03, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by rocket
That stinks about your friend being downsized, I'm with Lizzerd as far as the door prizes go, watching him get plastered is well worth the drive.:D Myself, chop456, and Warlock! I believe will be staying at the Fairfield inn, $55 a night is what I paid.

Don't forget Twisty

rocket
01-30-03, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Twisty Bits
Don't forget Twisty

WooHoo Twisty's in the house too:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

If we can get a few more there that hotel will never be the same.