PDA

View Full Version : " Some CART Qualifying and a Pre-Race Show Cancelled on SPEED"

FRANKY
09-24-03, 11:21 AM
"The Speed Channel telecasts of CART qualifying from Mexico City and Australia have been canceled, as has the pre-race show from Australia. On October 11, CART qualifying will be replaced by an encore of Formula 1 qualifying from Japan. The Friday, October 24 schedule has been reworked to include a late night replay of that afternoon's Busch qualifying. (9/23)"

www.motorsportstv.com

:thumdown:

cart7
09-24-03, 11:25 AM
Ouch. I wonder if this means anything?

KLang
09-24-03, 11:27 AM
Saving $$$$$

JoeBob
09-24-03, 11:30 AM
This is likely related to the announcement that the TV crew will be staying home and doing their deal from the studios, the samw way SPEED does F1. If there's nobody there to do interviews in the pit lane, the qualifying and pre-race shows will become very boring, very fast.

In the past, they did that for the Japan races. I think ABC/ESPN did the Australia race "living room style" too.

FRANKY
09-24-03, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Type-S
Saving $$$$$

Yes partly.

Just look at the times. Although Mexico qualifying would have been fine.

http://www.cart.com/Event/TVSchedule.asp

Treeface
09-24-03, 02:15 PM
Cost and rumors of another network for next year don't help either.

Moto-Guzzi
09-24-03, 03:54 PM
Is CART paying to get the qualifing on Speed too?

Otherwise why not do qualfing the way they to f-1 with the guys in the booth?

Who's got the real story on this? Is this CART trying to save $$$, or is this Speeds idea?? My guess is it must be CART, otherwise wouldn't Fontana be out as well?

mapguy
09-24-03, 04:06 PM
Lemme guess. They are showing "Men Behind The Wrenches"? NASCAR Classics from 2002?

JT265
09-24-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Lemme guess. They are showing "Men Behind The Wrenches"? NASCAR Classics from 2002?

As long as they bow in respect of Dale, I'm sure it will be a ratings success. :thumdown: