PDA

View Full Version : You gotta laugh at this...

Lizzerd
09-24-03, 04:50 AM
I lifted this link (http:////www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories2003/sports/20030920031937.shtml) from a certain popular web site. The topic of the thread was the email campaign to pressure Panther Racing into hiring DNFisher for Sam's seat. I found it curious that nobody picked up this little tidbit from the same article...

Tomorrow, there will be 100,000 (or more) people in Fontana watching Indy car racing?s finest drivers on one of the world?s finest speedways race inches apart, sometimes even touching.

chop456
09-24-03, 06:01 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow, there will be 100,000 (or more) people in Fontana watching Indy car racing?s finest drivers on one of the world?s finest speedways race inches apart, sometimes even touching.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're just nitpicking. Let's use proper LemmingLogic(TM) and context here.

1)Tomorrow, there will be 100,000 (or more) people in Fontana

This statement is absolutely true. Of course, most of those were at home mowing their lawns and watching women's soccer, but that's not the conclusion we're trying to arrive at here.

2)Indycar racing's finest drivers.

Again - absolutely true and perfectly logical. Indycar IS the IRL. If you have one driver on the track, they are by definition the finest on the track. This is the method by which Sarah Fisher broke into the previously male(and talent)-dominated world of modern era F1.

3) on one of the world's finest speedways

A bald-faced lie. Everyone knows IMS is the only speedway on Earth.

4) race inches apart, sometimes even touching.

Again, absolutely true. Though a concept pioneered by NASCAR, the touching and crashing into each other dimension has been perfected by the IRL, even resulting in what is to date the only auto racing accident visible from space.

Lizzerd my friend, I'm afraid you're just not analyzing this properly. Typical CARTisan ostrich behavior. ;)

Don Quixote
09-24-03, 09:40 AM
Not to nitpick this further, but I thought the "sometimes almost touching" refers to the 100,000 people, and not the cars.

Jag_Warrior
09-24-03, 11:57 AM
Panther isn't going to get Sarah! I figured out what Frank Williams meant when he said people would be very surprised by the final line-up of top drives in 2004: Sarah's going to partner Ralfie Schumacher at BMW-Williams in 2004! That's right! And remember, you read it here first!

Yep, I know that Sarah is on her way to F1. And has anyone noticed what a hottie Sandra Bernhard is? :eek:

Hey uh... I ate some mushroom soup last night that tasted a little funny. What are the affects of eating bad mushroom soup? Did you guys know that cats can talk?

RaceGrrl
09-24-03, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by chop456
quote:

This statement is absolutely true. Of course, most of those were at home mowing their lawns and watching women's soccer, but that's not the conclusion we're trying to arrive at here.

Again - absolutely true and perfectly logical. Indycar IS the IRL. If you have one driver on the track, they are by definition the finest on the track. This is the method by which Sarah Fisher broke into the previously male(and talent)-dominated world of modern era F1.

Again, absolutely true. Though a concept pioneered by NASCAR, the touching and crashing into each other dimension has been perfected by the IRL, even resulting in what is to date the only auto racing accident visible from space.

Lizzerd my friend, I'm afraid you're just not analyzing this properly. Typical CARTisan ostrich behavior. ;)

:laugh: Post of the day, IMO.

Eagle104
09-24-03, 12:20 PM
Jag_::laugh:

Jonezzy_33
09-24-03, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chop456
quote:

Brilliant :rofl: :laugh:

Classic Apex
09-24-03, 01:28 PM
Note to the author that made the above ridiculed statements...

Put the bong DOWN.

rabbit
09-24-03, 01:40 PM
And maybe, just maybe, on a race day in the future, Fred Nation will let the IRL start one of their two-seater Indy cars in a race, so a reporter can give real-time commentary from the passenger seat. That guy is so far out to lunch it's not even funny. It must be sad to be that delusional. :shakehead

JT265
09-24-03, 09:02 PM
race inches apart, sometimes even touching.

I swear by all that is holy, if Helio and Kanaan don't keep this stuff behind closed doors, I'm gonna run every red light on 465!!!! :mad:

(not that there is anything wrong with what they do, you understand. Just keep it in private is all) ;)

nz_climber
09-24-03, 09:16 PM
ROFL :rofl:

That article is so funny I quote:

"There is magic happening in the IRL. Soon, every IRL race will have a 33-car field, the crowds will be standing room only, and the TV ratings will rival NASCAR."

This guy is a genuis :rolleyes:

So Sarah's last resort to get into panther is to spam the hell out of them!!! wtf ??

btw: You could really see a EARL crash from space??

scanman
09-25-03, 09:12 AM
Like I said on another forum, BIf# has learned to spell...:D

indyfan31
09-25-03, 10:29 AM
Take five minutes out of your life and help write the future of racing. Sarah Fisher has the talent to win the Indianapolis 500.

It's been pretty hot in Palm Springs this year, I think the heat got to him. Good Grief! It's just one gem after another in that article.

Racewriter
09-25-03, 11:10 AM
I honestly can't pick the funniest part of that article...:rofl:

Corner5
09-25-03, 11:53 AM
They took the Koolaid recipe and kicked it up a notch!!!!:laugh:

cart7
09-25-03, 12:36 PM
This guy is definitely eligible for a personal E-mail from T13 and a lifetime Insider membership to TF! :rofl: :gomer:

TKGAngel
09-27-03, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by nz_climber
ROFL :rofl:

That article is so funny I quote:

"There is magic happening in the IRL. Soon, every IRL race will have a 33-car field, the crowds will be standing room only, and the TV ratings will rival NASCAR."

So instead of Disney Magic, we have Indy Magic? What's next Indy replaces Disney as the happiest place on earth?

Are we sure this wasnt meant as a tongue in cheek article?:

fourrunner
09-27-03, 10:11 AM
This "Clowns" Tongue was somewhere...... Definitely NOT in the Cheek!

Tony George WAS smiling after he read it! ;)