PDA

View Full Version : Miami Pre-Race Article

pchall
09-22-03, 11:57 PM
interesting read (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-gpamericas21sep21,0,6208751.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines)

"Newman is said to be shopping for a title sponsor for the 2004 season, and it is rumored that McDonald's (with which he has a long-running business relationship) or Budweiser may step into the role FedEx left. A $5-$10 million commitment would ensure the series has operating capital for 2004 and beyond."

chop456
09-23-03, 01:35 AM
Now there's a rumor I wouldn't mind turning out to be true.

Jonezzy_33
09-23-03, 01:51 AM
:thumbup: awesome stuff!

I'd love to see that come to fruition. Gotta love having Paul Newman around. :)

Warlock!
09-23-03, 07:20 AM
Oh baybee! Ya mean I could be helping ChampCar in the future by continuing my already ridiculous support of Butt-weiper?

Nice. I feel as though I just made a million dollar contribution to save starving babies in Ethiopia...

Warlock!

JBH
09-23-03, 08:00 AM
I’m a little confused. How does he figure that a $5m-$10m title sponsorship deal from McDonald's or Budweiser will “ensure the series has operating capital for 2004 and beyond.”?

Turn7
09-23-03, 08:12 AM
Because any sponsorship money that is generated by the series can go towards operating expenses. It is obvious that it wouldn't cover all of the operating expenses but, it would cover some operating expenses. In reality the series doesn't require that much capital to operate if they can get the teams off of welfare.

p.s. Good to see you here JBH. And thanks for your service.

JBH
09-23-03, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Turn7

p.s. Good to see you here JBH. And thanks for your service.

Thanks! It’s good to be back but, let’s not forget those who are not.

Turn7
09-23-03, 10:30 AM
I have a cousin still there and a lady I work with has a son in Iraq as well.

Hearing from people in country makes you realize how "sugar coated" some of the news reports are. As big of a sacrifice as the media makes it out to be, it comes no where near the reality of how it really is. I can only imagine what we hear and understand is just the tip of the iceburg.

Thanks again. I don't think the American people can say that enough to the people that have put their butts on the line to try and maintain what we once took for granted.

rabbit
09-23-03, 10:44 AM
JBH, please check your PMs.

And welcome home! :)

Chaos
09-23-03, 11:44 AM
I wish David Letterman would pull these types of strings for ChampCar as well...This is purely selfish request on my part :)

Moto-Guzzi
09-23-03, 12:23 PM
Any Big names like Bud and Micky D's would be a Real big Plus for Champcar. I think I'll start holding my breath just for fun!:)

JBH
09-23-03, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
JBH, please check your PMs.

And welcome home! :)

Thanks John! Let me get back to you on that.

Lizzerd
09-23-03, 03:14 PM
Hmmm...

PPG
FedEx
Ford
Bridgestone
McDonalds
Budweiser

PepBoys
NotrhernLights
Bombardier (sp?)