PDA

View Full Version : 0.7

Pages : 1 [2]

rabbit
09-26-03, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Chief
It IS therapy. It proves we're NOT crazy. He's got his sovereignty like he's on a sinking row boat w/o oars surrounded by sharks and there's blood in the water. It's just a matter of time. true dat

JLMannin
09-26-03, 01:02 PM
Thank you, DaveL, for the history lesson.

It seems that there are fewer and fewer of us that were actually fans of open wheel formula racing in 1994 and earlier that actually remember how the sequence of events that constitute "the split" actually happened, not the revisionist history doctrine that is spewed out over at TF.

I remember watching TV when TG rolled out 25/8. I decided right then and there that I was diametrically opposed to the IRL, IMS Corp, TG, and USAC and their flawed, xenophobic, indy-centric, 1950's vision of US based open wheel formula racing.

I am eagerly awaiting the day when the France clan demands that the IMS corners be rounded and banked to 20+ degrees, and he is forced to do it to sustain his only viable source of income.

Maybe then, those old yellow shirt geezers (you know, the old guys that talk about how Tony Hulman saved the place) at the speedway will realize how much damage TG has wrought on the IMS institution.

John

chop456
09-26-03, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Corner5
(you should hear the rumor I heard at RA,can't say it on the board)

Spill it.

We don't play that crap over here. :D

EDwardo
09-26-03, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Treeface
October 24, 1995

The IRL and the '500' Future
To The Editor
The Indianapolis Star
The Indy Racing League and the '500' future

by Anton Hulman George / Indianapolis Motor Speedway President

In time, I hope the current wounds are healed and that these disagreements ultimately provide for clearer and stronger relationships throughout our sport. Later, I'll get into specific reasons why I believe so strongly in the formation of this league.
........Blah, Blah, Blah.

Tony is using the wrong tool. He doesn't need a hammer.
He needs a shovel..... :laugh:

Corner5
09-26-03, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by chop456
Spill it.

We don't play that crap over here. :D

PM me and I'll tell you

eiregosod
09-27-03, 09:24 PM
TG's heart must be broken: "It breks my heart to CART drivers that the Indy 500 is just another race..."

well guess what? it is now!

Sure Tony got rent-a-mob to say "All I ever wanted to do was race the Indy 500.." Fisher/Hornish/Boat/the rest of them