PDA

View Full Version : Oh Roger....

JoeBob
09-22-03, 12:04 PM
http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/9/076857-9289-037.html

Penske hopes for merger
While Roger Penske is pleased that buyers have come forward to at least temporarily save Championship Auto Racing Teams, a series he co-founded in 1979, the IRL team owner remains firm in his belief that open-wheel racing needs to be housed under one roof.

"I think CART is going to be in much better shape with the buyout. Time will tell," said Penske, who switched allegiances two years ago. "If the business people from CART can sit down with the business people from the IRL, maybe the opportunity is there to bring the two sides together.

"I'm not going to be the one to make that happen, but I'll be a benefactor if it does."

How long before he restarts his 18 month clock again?

RaceChic
09-22-03, 12:11 PM
He blood stream Kool-Aid levels are just low. Who will call Tony George for a top-up for old Roger? :D

devilmaster
09-22-03, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob quoting Roger Penske
"I'm not going to be the one to make that happen, but I'll be a benefactor if it does."

THAT should be on Roger's tombstone.

Steve

Ankf00
09-22-03, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
THAT should be on Roger's tombstone.

Steve

screw him. screw him good. "dead in 18 months" "oh wait, if they're around, i'm going to use em for $" "ya, we definately need to get back together baby, i'm sorry i said those things about you, i didnt mean em, i love you, really!!"

Jonezzy_33
09-22-03, 05:01 PM
Roger I just have one thing to say to you you old b*****d!

STFU!!!!

DaveL
09-22-03, 05:11 PM
Penske can go to hell.

Oh wait. He's in the IRL. He's already there.

JT265
09-22-03, 05:18 PM
Using Danny Sullivan's analogy, let's hope that this time someone kicks the chair out from under ol' Liverspots.

pchall
09-22-03, 08:32 PM
Isn't Penske tacitly admitting that he's been wrong for the last two seasons?

http://www.day120.com/fontana03/irl03sun/images/DSCF0380.jpg

Now, Roger. Fontana used to be your place. Looks like 1/3 of the 91K grandstand seating is open to fans. Given a generours 2/3 full in the open seating areas, would you agree to 20K in the house ?

SteveH
09-22-03, 11:25 PM
"Now, Roger. Fontana used to be your place. Looks like 1/3 of the 91K grandstand seating is open to fans. Given a generours 2/3 full in the open seating areas, would you agree to 20K in the house ?"

And of those 20K, how many were there solely due to Marlboro's generousity? Marlboro, by the way is a sponsor that is not a long term option for Mr. Penske. Another year or two and that's all.

Have fun trying to look respectable then.

lateralus42
09-22-03, 11:47 PM
The question I would have is why wouldnt he try and step in to mediate a compromise? He doesnt have a beef with the "new CART", so why wouldnt he want to work with them? The same goes for the idiot grandson, what will be the excuse now? Th enew CART has nothing to do with the split, its time for these dopes to let bygones be bygones and get back toghether.