PDA

View Full Version : Do you subscribe to AR1?

rabbit
09-22-03, 11:42 AM
Just out of curiosity...

Are you a subscriber?

JoeBob
09-22-03, 11:47 AM
Why would I pay to see there what I already wrote here?

Ankf00
09-22-03, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob
Why would I pay to see there what I already wrote here? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RaceChic
09-22-03, 12:05 PM
I'm not going to give my money to that site in order to see a bunch of rumours. I sincerely believe that many of them are either fabricated and/or jazzed up a bit in order to get people to pay to get in there. ;)

Turn7
09-22-03, 12:19 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with subscribing to it. I don't but, I am cheap.

KLang
09-22-03, 12:21 PM
Why would I pay to see there what I already wrote here?

Your Russo analysis is on AR1 now. :rolleyes:

devilmaster
09-22-03, 12:23 PM
JB's good joke not withstanding.... ;)

Whats the point? I mean most rumours get to all the forums anyways....

Why waste 20 bucks or so to read it one day earlier? 20 bucks can get me 3 pints of The Black, with a nice tip to the waitress at the Kildare House. :)

If you were wondering what a pint of 'The Black' was.......
http://www.ivo.se/guinness/g4.gif

Steve

mapguy
09-22-03, 12:28 PM
Why would I pay to see there what I already wrote here? :thumbup:

molive
09-22-03, 12:56 PM
AR what? :confused: :p

Chief
09-22-03, 01:02 PM
A subscriber site playing politics, no thanks. It's extortion for a creative mind.

pchall
09-22-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Chief
A subscriber site playing politics, no thanks. It's extortion for a creative mind.

Sort of like a Forrest Bond for CARTfans?

Ankf00
09-22-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
JB's good joke not withstanding.... ;)

Whats the point? I mean most rumours get to all the forums anyways....

Why waste 20 bucks or so to read it one day earlier? 20 bucks can get me 3 pints of The Black, with a nice tip to the waitress at the Kildare House. :)

If you were wondering what a pint of 'The Black' was.......
http://www.ivo.se/guinness/g4.gif

Steve

mmm beer, the cause of, and temporary solution to, all of life's problems.

Dirty Sanchez
09-22-03, 01:33 PM
NFW :thumdown:

JT265
09-22-03, 03:33 PM
I just follow JoeBob around. :thumbup:

Barton
09-22-03, 04:02 PM
That's a big negatory, good buddy! :)

WickerBill
09-22-03, 04:17 PM
I don't get it... why the fascination with talking about other websites? Quick, someone start a Speedcenter thread!

mapguy
09-22-03, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
I don't get it... why the fascination with talking about other websites? Quick, someone start a Speedcenter thread!

Heck with SpeedNet. 'Lock and I can fill an entire forum with our favorite websites.

:D

rabbit
09-22-03, 04:21 PM
I don't get it... why the fascination with talking about other websites? Quick, someone start a Speedcenter thread! I was just curious to find out. I had been a suscriber for awhile but let it run out a week ago and decided not to renew. I just wanted to find out if I was in a majority or minority. I wasn't trying to stir things up.

JoeBob
09-22-03, 04:28 PM

Can it be a thread about when MarkC left SpeedCenter for 7G, and took all of Peter Burke's Silly Season images with him?

That way we get everyone involved! ;)

fourrunner
09-22-03, 04:51 PM
Well I Guess I'm a little "OFF-CAMBER" here- Yes I subscribe! Got awhile to run too... I signed up for the long term! I'll re sign too when the time comes.

Go Ahead Mock Me I can take it.... I'm a CART Fan - Pain is part of the price of membership ;);)

Actually - he's got some good stuff - entertaining stuff all neatly categorized and updated. Some is seriously accurate. Others just pie in the sky. Yeah a lot of it is "False" 20 minutes after he posts it. But Really is any harm done?

Now occasionally an updated Rumor appears as fact that I never saw before, but who cares, It's all about Entertainment. Plus it links to articles I'm to lazy to search out, or don't see anywhere else.

ESPN was touting that they don't need NASCAR anymore because the Have the IRL, Drag Racing, and TRAC. Well the day before AR1 had an article linked on TRAC's Demise which was true. It was a delight to see Egg on the ESPN spokesmans face!

Sure its not perfect, and it is sometimes dubious, But I enjoy reading it!

Sorry!! ;);)

Wheel-Nut
09-22-03, 05:22 PM
Speedcenter was my first CART board to view on a regular basis. Peter Burke had / has some really great photos of the cars and other stuff. They also had a forum that had some good conversations at times. I never knew who Mark C was until I happened upon 7g and then AR1 . . . . I haven't been to AR1 since he started the "subscription" thing.

I for one feel the internet should be free. There are plenty of free sites out there . . . .

Lizzerd
09-22-03, 05:48 PM
I don't subscribe, and never will. I don't like the idea of paying for rumors and news that can be found at a bunch of other places (usually stolen from other places). I occasionally visit the forums, though.

Sean O'Gorman
09-22-03, 06:26 PM
Its not that I don't want to pay for an Internet site (I'd pay for dailysportscar.com if I still followed sports car racing closely), I just would never give that idiot a dime of my money.

Dr. Corkski
09-22-03, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
Its not that I don't want to pay for an Internet site (I'd pay for dailysportscar.com if I still followed sports car racing closely), I just would never give that idiot a dime of my money. What, you don't want to read about Viper Team ORECA? :D

ncmlj
09-22-03, 08:16 PM
I am with 44444444 on this one, I pay the $20 a year or the 5.479 cents a day, not that big of a deal, and I always don't have hrs on in to brouse web sites. I know it's all out there for free but some times you have no time.

Railbird
09-22-03, 09:39 PM
I pay

if you look past the obvious bs it's a pretty good place to start when looking for some rumor or "I heard" stuff.

cart7
09-22-03, 10:11 PM
I used to check in before it went subscription but now I ignore. Can't see spending money for exactly what JoeBob related to. :)

Jag_Warrior
09-23-03, 02:12 AM
I had a tough decision to make in these hard economic times: AR1 or the National Enquirer. I can't function without J-Lo nuptial updates and knowing just what Madonna is up to (or down on), so I made the obvious choice.

BTW, DailySportsCar.com is one of the best subscriptions I've ever signed up for. I'd compare it to Investor's Business Daily. :thumbup:

Moto-Guzzi
09-23-03, 10:12 AM
It's fashionable to bash AR-1 apparently. I subscirbe, for less than 6 cents a day I can gather all kinds of CART related info.

The rummors section seems to take most the heat from folks for being over the top. And some of them are, however, like it or not more than a few times AR-1 has been faster than anyone other site to get rummors correct. It's not the end all but it's worth the price.