PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Paper on 7G?

Moto-Guzzi
09-21-03, 11:05 PM
What happened over at 7G with Paper? As a lot of you know 7G has been changing in a way that I can't quite put my finger on it. Certainly they have become very trigger happy with overzealous moderation. I have had several post moved that I felt did not deserve so. That is in large part why I have started posting here with lots of other good folks. In any case, as best as I can tell Paper got a note from somebody and it didn't sit well with him. I like Paper, he is a huge CART fan and very well known. However, somettimes I have a bit of trouble following his meaning, as his writing style is unusual to say the least! Can anyone give a quick and accurate summary of what just went down over there??? I know it may be in bad form to post a request on this form for an explanation of what transpired on another, but in this case I think in transcends individual forums.:confused:

racer2c
09-21-03, 11:19 PM
What's a 7G?

KLang
09-21-03, 11:21 PM
IMO he's just stirring the pot to see what shakes out.

rabbit
09-21-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
What's a 7G? It's kinda like a graveyard.

An over-moderated graveyard.

Lizzerd
09-22-03, 12:35 AM
Welcome to OC, Moto-Guzzi.

(Hint: I just answered all your questions.)

RARules
09-22-03, 01:03 AM
Yes, this is the first place I look these days. Not as active as 7G, but just as many intelligent postings.;) It means I have a lot less chaff to look through. We have a nice site here with a high signal/noise ratio.

Yeah, welcome! Glad to have you here. Anybody invite paper recently?

lateralus42
09-22-03, 01:10 AM
seventhgear has really fallen off. I remember whnen all the hardocre CART fans would go there, but not anymore. I support paper, its a shame what has happened over there and all the abuse he is taking.

If anyone had any guts at they would shut it down, fumigate it, and start over.:p

Dr. Corkski
09-22-03, 01:32 AM
I heard is was because all local Miami hotels refused to replace all their copies of the Holy Bible with paper cars instead. That or PMS.

Lizzerd
09-22-03, 02:06 AM
Those kind of comments don't go well here, Dr. That's what most of came here to escape. JMHO, of course.

Kahauna Dreamer
09-22-03, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Moto-Guzzi
What happened over at 7G with Paper? As a lot of you know 7G has been changing in a way that I can't quite put my finger on it. Certainly they have become very trigger happy with overzealous moderation. I have had several post moved that I felt did not deserve so. That is in large part why I have started posting here with lots of other good folks. In any case, as best as I can tell Paper got a note from somebody and it didn't sit well with him. I like Paper, he is a huge CART fan and very well known. However, somettimes I have a bit of trouble following his meaning, as his writing style is unusual to say the least! Can anyone give a quick and accurate summary of what just went down over there??? I know it may be in bad form to post a request on this form for an explanation of what transpired on another, but in this case I think in transcends individual forums.:confused:

BIG difference in these forums ~ paper PMed me this morning with a link to the thread in question at 7G, suggesting I check it out, which I did. I felt that I might as well join over there and see what was really up with those folks so I registered, only to receive this:
Hello - unfortunately, your recent registration application at Seventhgear.com Forums has been declined.We are located at: http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
Your registered name was: OS X
...interesting, because I never had a beef with any of the names I saw over there nor did I ever attack anyone over there, unless they happened to be in a Photoshop thing I may have done, and I have done literally hundreds of those at CW. The reason that I bring up the "difference" thing is simply because of the fact that I registered here three days ago - under my regular screen name - and I was made to feel welcome here immediately. Funny thing...7G pre-banned me in even less time.

Jag_Warrior
09-22-03, 04:38 AM
Amazing. Just amazing...

JohnHKart
09-22-03, 05:52 AM

WickerBill
09-22-03, 07:13 AM
Zhivago, way out of line. Keep bringing it like that, and you're done. I won't tolerate "clever" remarks like yours above. Can you explain to me what you added to this conversation? Did you help anyone understand anything? Did you shed any light? Or did you just slap someone for fun? If you're in it for the laughs, nobody's laughing.

Don't answer -- I'm locking the thread.

7G has been through some rough times lately; the moderators are up to their ears in the exact same kind of BS that Zhivago spewed in this thread, and they're in a nasty catch-22 -- if they lock down the threads, people scream; if they let them go, people scream. It's certainly not our place to come here and tell them how to run their shop.

I know it's been a long lull in the season, but this forum is for ChampCar racing talk. Not 7G gossip, not talk about individual posters. It's for "intelligent champcar discussion", not name-calling or flame-baiting. I know 98% of you are on the same page with me. Just put a Post-It on your monitor to remind you when you post.

WB