PDA

View Full Version : Pollock out

Railbird
09-20-03, 09:31 PM
The school marm is supposedly close to announcing that he and some mega sponsor are buying Jordan.

Maybe by this weekend.

When I asked about PKR the answer was "Kevin is a big boy"

funny enough, when I asked about the buyout I got the same answer.

Bar room rumor, take it for what it's worth.

JoeBob
09-20-03, 10:17 PM
Interesting. I'm guessing you're right on, as you've had the PKR deal nailed since the PWR garage sale.

I suspect that PKR will be better off without him than with him. No team has done particularly well with Pollack at the helm. Hopefully Kevin hasn't learned any of Craig's bad habits.

Jag_Warrior
09-20-03, 10:19 PM
D@mn! Maybe I need to take up drinking so I'll know what's going on.

Thanks, 'Bird.

P.S. Jordan was one of the few F1 teams that tried to establish a marketing presence here. Why doesn't Pollock push along with that concept as well?

Cam
09-20-03, 10:30 PM
Good thing I am not wearing socks!!:eek:

JT265
09-20-03, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the headsup 'Bird.

lateralus42
09-21-03, 12:40 AM
JV to Jordan!!! Oh man....:shakehead

Poor guy.

RaceChic
09-21-03, 12:58 AM
Curious...... You are from Indianapolis. Which bar were you in???

Lizzerd
09-21-03, 01:01 AM
Looks there is life after BAR for Jacques after all.

Railbird
09-21-03, 09:28 AM
The most interesting thing I took away from all this was that Kalkhoven is apparently moving on his own, with Forsythe of course, to continue the buyout effort.

IMO, without KK, we wouldn't talking about next year with the conviction available to us now.

btw, Pollock's phone is supposedly "ringing off the hook" about Jacques' future.

JT265
09-21-03, 10:59 AM
Agreed about KK 'Bird. The deal has a way better feel to it now that Craig is off to spend OPM too.

JackSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS at Jordan, with Ford power and free skiing lessons.

Who knew? ;)

Ankf00
09-21-03, 03:29 PM
so much for jacques williams/mclaren/renault hopes :rofl:

JoeBob
09-22-03, 01:01 PM
Would Jacques follow Pollack? His experiences with teams run by the guy have been something short of wonderful.

Ankf00
09-22-03, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
Would Jacques follow Pollack? His experiences with teams run by the guy have been something short of wonderful.
to everyone's confoundment, he re-signed with bar, go figure...

Fenster
09-22-03, 01:29 PM
Jaques re-signed with BAR? Not according to any source I've read. As a matter of fact, Taku says that he will replace Jaques at Suzuka.

Takuma Sato says he will be at Suzuka
At Jacques Villeneuve's expense

Takuma Sato:
Japanese driver Takuma Sato believes he will be making his BAR debut in three weeks time, at his home event, the Japanese Grand Prix. But to do so, the test driver will have to replace one of the current BAR drivers, and Sato says it will be Jacques Villeneuve.
Over the Italian Grand Prix weekend the paddock was awash with rumours about Villeneuve's future and whether or not he will be granted a contract extension and will be remaining with BAR in 2004... (Full story and headlines here.) --F1-live.com

--Fenster.

Dirty Sanchez
09-22-03, 01:34 PM
Fenster... FWIW, that story has sinced been rubbished by Sato's management.

trubritz
09-22-03, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Curious...... You are from Indianapolis. Which bar were you in???

The Birds Nest, aka Union Jacks, aka Wind Tunnel perhaps?

The real JV - Bird that is - knows most all the movers and shakers in this town, so you can most always take it to the bank that his sources are reliable. :cool:

Dr. Corkski
09-22-03, 03:05 PM
Remind me again what happened the last time the idiot ski instructor and a major sponsor bought out a British privateer team?

JT265
09-22-03, 03:28 PM
Seriously?

Well then, let me explain.

The team in question went from being an honorable storied old privateer team that had shown some bad fortune in later years to being the biggest waste of resources known to modern man.

Thanks for asking. ;)

Deja vu all over again. But, faced with the prospect of driving in CART which he seems to view as beneath his abilities at this stage, to a one-off shootout with Donnie Beechler and Sarah Fissure for the BAR ride, expect him to follow the school marm to alledged greener pastures.

Money don't buy smarts you know.

lateralus42
09-25-03, 12:43 PM
Wilke is over at Atlas F1 trying to take credit for this rumor. I set him straight though. That boy aint right.....:D

Ankf00
09-25-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Fenster
Jaques re-signed with BAR? Not according to any source I've read. As a matter of fact, Taku says that he will replace Jaques at Suzuka.

Takuma Sato says he will be at Suzuka
At Jacques Villeneuve's expense

Takuma Sato:
Japanese driver Takuma Sato believes he will be making his BAR debut in three weeks time, at his home event, the Japanese Grand Prix. But to do so, the test driver will have to replace one of the current BAR drivers, and Sato says it will be Jacques Villeneuve.
Over the Italian Grand Prix weekend the paddock was awash with rumours about Villeneuve's future and whether or not he will be granted a contract extension and will be remaining with BAR in 2004... (Full story and headlines here.) --F1-live.com

--Fenster.

I didn't mean at this moment, my comment alluded to his re-signing 3 or so years ago.

DjDrOmusic
09-25-03, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Fenster
Jaques re-signed with BAR? Not according to any source I've read. .

--Fenster.

PHEEEWWW! For moment there I thought you were getting ready to pull out the Andy Hall card...oh the flashbacks haunt me still!! :rofl: :laugh: :eek:

Railbird
09-25-03, 09:11 PM
couple of points

Not all "bar room rumors" arrive at a bar, however, the e-mail tippoff to CART's CSI involvement did get dropped on me in a bar.

Go figure

On Pollock:

While it's easy enough to slam his team efforts he has proven to be one of the best at gathering funds and funding efforts at the levels of F1 ownership. In this day and age that in itself enough to command a certain amount of respect in the motorsport community.

Railbird
09-25-03, 10:01 PM
lateralus42

Thanks for the credit over on Atlas

It looks like GL* over there filled in some of the details. His take makes more sense to me on the F1 side.

but

the point I was trying to make was that Kalkhoven, for whatever reason, seems determined to pursue the buyout.

which is a good thing imo

Railbird
09-26-03, 09:48 PM
today's update:

the school marm spent today shuttling between Miami and Indy courting a new sponsor for PKR.

it's all good.

nrc
09-26-03, 10:54 PM
...and Salo did his part. :)

Railbird
09-26-03, 10:59 PM
...and Salo did his part.

yes he did

on a day the team needed to make an impression

Steve99
09-30-03, 07:13 PM
So is Eddie Jordan going to get out of F1 then? :confused:

Railbird
09-30-03, 07:20 PM
So is Eddie Jordan going to get out of F1 then?

the guy at Atlas, who appears to know more than me on this part of the topic, claims Pollock is representing sponsorship that will acquire %49 of Jordan.

once again, my point was Kalkhoven continuing his pursuit of the buyout without the school marm.

and from what I've heard lately Pollock is not out, just involved in gathering money which is his strong point anyway.

RaceChic
10-01-03, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by trubritz
The Birds Nest, aka Union Jacks, aka Wind Tunnel perhaps?

The real JV - Bird that is - knows most all the movers and shakers in this town, so you can most always take it to the bank that his sources are reliable. :cool:

I don't doubt Railbird's info at all. I just know people in Indy that frequent a certain bar where teams hang out and have gotten accurate inside information there. Was wondering if it was the same bar. Turns out it was. The person that I know knows Craig Pollock personally and I am curious as to whether or not he was the same person Railbird may have spoken with. :cool:

Railbird
10-01-03, 12:48 PM
Turns out it was.

wrong

Like I said, not all "barroom rumors" come to me in bars.

Just a handy term

Dirty Sanchez
10-02-03, 09:31 AM
Craig Pollock denies he’s buying Jordan

Craig Pollock could be making his return to Formula One next season as a member of Jordan Grand Prix. According to reports, the former BAR boss is considering purchasing shares in Eddie Jordan’s team.

Pollock has reportedly put in an offer to purchase the 41 percent stake of Jordan that is currently owned by Warburg, Pincus & Co as the bank is believed to be keen to sell of its stake in the team. Should the deal go through it would mean Pollock would be back in Formula One for the first time since he was ousted as BAR’s team boss in 2001 in favour of David Richards.

Pollock, though, has dismissed the speculation, saying that if he wanted to buy a team it would be BAR and not Jordan. He already has shares in BAR.

“I am a shareholder at BAR, and if I was going to buy a team, the obvious thing is to buy the team I own 35 percent of,” Pollock told Autosport Magazine.

“But I do keep my ears to the ground and I am well informed about the situation and viability of anything happening inside other teams.”