PDA

View Full Version : Hoover Floor-Mate.

mapguy
09-19-03, 12:30 PM
Anyone got one? The wife and I are thinking on getting one and we are curious to know if it works.

FRANKY
09-19-03, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Anyone got one? The wife and I are thinking on getting one and we are curious to know if it works.

Don't they need electricity to run? :D

mapguy
09-19-03, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FRANKY
Don't they need electricity to run? :D

And your point is?

JoeBob
09-19-03, 12:40 PM
Vacuuming is for the weak! That's why I have Roomba!

http://www.roombavac.com/

FRANKY
09-19-03, 01:00 PM
And your point is?

Point (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2471)

Duh :p

KLang
09-19-03, 01:04 PM
Consumer reports did a quicky review of this a few months back. They weren't impressed.

Turn7
09-20-03, 02:45 AM
We don't have one but, our neighbors do. My wife borrows it sometimes and she has said she wants one. We have about 2100 s.f. of ceramic tile downstairs and the sweeping and mopping can be an all afternoon choir. That machine may not clean quite as good as the old fashion way but, it will help you stay on top of the housework.

JT265
09-21-03, 12:24 PM
I actually knew the girl that went on to become the technical director at Hoover Vacuum, and I believe she was from Ajax too Mappy!

(but that's best left for a forum that Warlock! can advise me of!) :D

EDwardo
09-21-03, 12:36 PM
Do you know what the difference is between a Hoover and a Harley?

The location of the dirtbag.

racer2c
09-21-03, 12:41 PM
Hoover sucks. ;)

lone_groover
09-21-03, 12:42 PM
:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Gonna use that one for sure, ED.

:)

mapguy
09-21-03, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JT265
I actually knew the girl that went on to become the technical director at Hoover Vacuum, and I believe she was from Ajax too Mappy!

(but that's best left for a forum that Warlock! can advise me of!) :D

You know Kim?

:D ;)

Chitowncartfreak
09-23-03, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by EDwardo
Do you know what the difference is between a Hoover and a Harley?

The location of the dirtbag.

:rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup: :rofl:

JT265
09-23-03, 10:22 PM
You know Kim?

:D ;)

Awwwwwwwww Kim, LayBack Lenny, and twotall.

Ya just can't buy that kinda lineup these days. ;)

anait
09-24-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
We have about 2100 s.f. of ceramic tile downstairs and the sweeping and mopping can be an all afternoon choir. That machine may not clean quite as good as the old fashion way but, it will help you stay on top of the housework.

:eek: Now, that's a lot of ceramic tile!!

We'll have a lot in our new home, stamped concrete as well. I was hoping we could skip the vacuum or whatever, and just install a floor drain. I'd get me a Karcher, and hose the whole floor down. :thumbup: :cool: Although that'd be a bit hard on the furniture, I s'pose... :D

Turn7
09-24-03, 10:58 AM
The previous owners had the tile installed and it covers the entire downstairs. Closets, utility room, living, dining, kitchen, master bedroom, both baths.

The first time we cleaned it after we moved in we had just your typical mop that you buy at the grocery. About half way through the job, I went to the local Home Depot and bought one of those commercial 6 gallon mop buckets on rollers and a built in ringer along with a bigass mop that has the interchangable mopheads. Its still a pain in the ass to mop it all by hand, about like mowing the yard. By the time you soap mop, rinse mop and then dry mop you realize that mopping SUCKS. Especially because I get to "help" out.

However, it is great with kids, no stains and since it is always hot here, it keeps the house alot cooler in the summers.

Wheel-Nut
09-24-03, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
. . . .since it is always hot here, it keeps the house alot cooler in the summers.

And a cold tile floor does wonders when "praying to the porcelin gods!!"

mapguy
09-24-03, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by JT265
LayBack Lenny

Wasn't he in the band Studly Hungwell and the Pawnbrokers?

Ahh... Lenny was always a dreamer..

JT265
09-24-03, 09:16 PM
Wasn't he in the band Studly Hungwell and the Pawnbrokers?

Ahh... Lenny was always a dreamer..

Sure. Later, he gained a ton of success as the frontman for LayBack Lenny and the Four Skins.

THAT gig came to a really sad end the night they played the Jewish Congress Center at Front & Spadina.

(The circumstances surrounding that deal are better left to the adult forums that Warlock! inhabits) :eek: :D