PDA

View Full Version : Speed on Demand

molive
09-18-03, 08:40 PM
I recently got myself a high speed adsl connection, and, as the work place firewall and lousy dial-up prevented me from doing before, just started re-watching the races at cart.com. :cool:

I gotta say its GREAT stuff. Its very nice to able to watch the whole race, with english commentary (quite different point of view from the brazilian one). Im now watching the 2002 review.

So, does anyone else feel the same way? Do you guys actually re-watch old races online?

(btw, Im sure this has been discussed before....pardon my lazyness :p )

mapguy
09-20-03, 07:40 AM
I also recently got broadband and I immediately went to check it out and it sucks. The quality is very poor and choppy. I was expecting it to be just like on tv. Oh well...

molive
09-20-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
I also recently got broadband and I immediately went to check it out and it sucks. The quality is very poor and choppy. I was expecting it to be just like on tv. Oh well...

I found that depending on the hour (traffic) it can get a bit choppy, but ive managed some real smooth viewings (though not full screen).

RR. RS.
09-21-03, 11:03 AM
I was at the R.A. race, don't have HDNet, so couldn't tape the race. Watched it on Speed on Demand, which was better than nothing.

molive
09-21-03, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by RR. RS.
I was at the R.A. race, don't have HDNet, so couldn't tape the race. Watched it on Speed on Demand, which was better than nothing.

what race? all I saw was a slow speed wet parade...:shakehead

RR. RS.
09-21-03, 09:53 PM
That's why you use the fast forward controls ;)

Ankf00
09-22-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
I also recently got broadband and I immediately went to check it out and it sucks. The quality is very poor and choppy. I was expecting it to be just like on tv. Oh well... ya, but as far as net feeds go, it's pretty nifty imo, now if they let us download entire mpeg's of the races, yeehaw :D