PDA

View Full Version : RA shows 04 date on schedule

TRDfan
09-18-03, 06:23 PM
from http://www.roadamerica.com/2002/news/ranews.asp

2004 Tentative Race Dates Announced

Start making plans to attend Road America in 2004!

Tentative dates are as follows: May 14-16 SVRA Spring Vintage Weekend, May 15 Road America Tailgate Party (free admission), June 3-6 Suzuki Superbike Doubleheader, June 17-20 Kohler / SCCA June Sprints, July 15-18 Brian Redman International Challenge, August 5-8 CART / Trans-Am Grand Prix of Road America, August 19-22 RA 500 American Le Mans Series, September 17-19 Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival.

More dates to be announced as they become available. Hope to see you in Elkhart Lake.

pchall
09-18-03, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TRDfan
from http://www.roadamerica.com/2002/news/ranews.asp

2004 Tentative Race Dates Announced

Start making plans to attend Road America in 2004!

Now, just let Michelle get with the program and admit that a concert on Sat. night won't kill it all for the purists...

RaceGrrl
09-18-03, 07:54 PM
A concert on Sat. night will be just the thing to do before the next OC/CW cookout. :D

pchall
09-18-03, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
A concert on Sat. night will be just the thing to do before the next OC/CW cookout. :D

pan fried battered tenderloins are not on the menu

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-03, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Now, just let Michelle get with the program and admit that a concert on Sat. night won't kill it all for the purists... I'm all for another battle of the bands type deal like they did in 2002 on the Friday night.

Beer is big business in Wisconsin... one thing I never understood was why they didn't have a big mongo beer tent set-up inside the track that stayed open til late. There are so many campers both inside the track and at the Rock... and I know a lot of these folks get drunk and drive all over to Siebkins and where ever else :wagsfingeratthemdrunkdrivers: When I get to RA on Thursday I don't leave the track until after the race on Sunday... would be nice to have a place to party inside the track besides at camp.

[edit] I'm glad RA is back. I'm ordering my season pass soon. :thumbup:

FCYTravis
09-19-03, 08:46 PM
Note that it's a CART and Trans-Am combined date...

More MotoRock at work?

chop456
09-19-03, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by FCYTravis
Note that it's a CART and Trans-Am combined date...

More MotoRock at work?

Traditionally, it was always a CART/TransAm date.

Railbird
09-19-03, 11:28 PM
damn that's a tough date for me

My wife and I have used that weekend for our summer vacation after we grew tired of the BY400 about five years ago.

She's been to RA and knows how cool the area is, but laying on a beach in Michigan on that weekend is something we've gotten real comfortable with.

Is Oshkosh that weekend next year?

Dr. Corkski
09-20-03, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Traditionally, it was always a CART/TransAm date. Who cares about that? ;) All that's important is that Sir Elton will have a concert at Siebkins on Saturday night.

RaceChic
09-20-03, 07:19 AM
As long as RA is on the schedule, I'm happy. :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
09-24-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
As long as RA is on the schedule, I'm happy. :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Yup and I'll be there. Hope Atlantics and Barber Dodge are part of the deal too.

TRDfan
09-25-03, 10:04 AM
Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.....

I just got word my class reunion is that weekend.

But my wife says to me "Can't you still go on Thursday, Friday, and come home Saturday before the reunion ?" - Bless her heart.

I'll probably have to take what I can get.

Sean O'Gorman
09-25-03, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TRDfan
Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.....

I just got word my class reunion is that weekend.

But my wife says to me "Can't you still go on Thursday, Friday, and come home Saturday before the reunion ?" - Bless her heart.

I'll probably have to take what I can get.

Screw the reunion! Man, you gotta get your priorities straightened. :D

Corner5
09-25-03, 11:32 AM
The TA and Barber cars are booked along with the TransAm from what I've heard. Season pass is only $200 till Oct. 1st.(got mine) I agree they should have a big concert and big-a$$ beer tent on fri. and Sat. nite. The aug. date is after EAA and right before the PGA tournament at Whistling Straits. :thumbup: Railbird- laying on corner5 is way better than any beach!:D I just went to the Vintage car races at RA last weekend-awesome.
So when's the cookout?????:cool:

Race Dog 99
09-25-03, 10:27 PM
:D Book it!

Turn7
09-25-03, 10:36 PM
Hey Race Dog, how did you come by your ID?

I know of a holding company for a website named Race Dog.

edit:
Oops nevermind that was Speed Dog not Race Dog.