PDA

View Full Version : MPH Stock

KLang
09-18-03, 02:14 PM
I tried this question at 7G but only got an answer from wilke :rolleyes:

I was just poking around the SEC website to see if there were any new filings. There haven't been any in about a week. Around 3 million shares changed hands last week. Shouldn't there be a filing from whomever bought or sold about a change in position?

Since OWRS is exempt from the poison pill provisions can they purchase additional shares without filing with the SEC?

devilmaster
09-18-03, 02:30 PM
The lawsuits are coming!!!!! The lawsuits are coming!!!!!

whoops sorry.... cold drugs are getting to me ;)

Just a guess, What if people loyal to forsythe are buying in little amounts, and will vote in favour when the time comes?

If i was forsythe trying to ensure the vote is sucessful, thats would be one way.

An interesting thing that has happened... There are some CART fans out there, willing to buy some shares, lose the 10 cents per share, take a tax writeoff and in the end, ensure the continuation of the sport they love. Not real different than buying a shirt or buying a ticket really.

Steve

JoeBob
09-18-03, 02:41 PM
You only have to file if you own more than 5% of company stock. You also have until something like the 10 day of the month following the month in which you made the purchase.

Also, a deal like this is perfect fodder for day traders. A lot of the transactions could be a handful of shares changing hands over and over again.

Ankf00
09-18-03, 04:18 PM
Wilke? I didn't respond to your thread! Who's the imposter?!

nrc
09-18-03, 09:27 PM
I've learned a lot about the stock market over the last ten years, but nothing I've learned can explain why people would be buying CART at at more than $0.56.

If anyone is speculating that the deal won't go through and that liquidation will net them a better yield I think they're failing to recognize how much value claims could drain from the series in the process of a liquidation. Everyone with an unfullfilled contract would be lining up ahead of the shareholders for a piece of the remaining balance. Forsythe would be at the front of the line for his contracts in Mexico.

Cam
09-18-03, 10:15 PM
Or SCOX for that matter huh NRC? :saywhat:

Jag_Warrior
09-19-03, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by nrc
I've learned a lot about the stock market over the last ten years, but nothing I've learned can explain why people would be buying CART at at more than $0.56.

Easy one. They need to offset some gains with losses by the end of the year. :gomer:

JoeBob
09-19-03, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by nrc

If anyone is speculating that the deal won't go through and that liquidation will net them a better yield I think they're failing to recognize how much value claims could drain from the series in the process of a liquidation. Everyone with an unfullfilled contract would be lining up ahead of the shareholders for a piece of the remaining balance. Forsythe would be at the front of the line for his contracts in Mexico.

Perhaps they think the shareholders won't approve, or that a better offer is coming.

You can usually tell the market's confidence in a deal by the range between an offer price and the stock price. CART's is pretty close. I can think of a case where a company stock was trading at $17, an offer to privitize was made for $22, and the stock market price never really went above $20.