PDA

View Full Version : I'm Waiting for you Isabel!

racer2c
09-18-03, 11:13 AM
The hatches are battened and there's a flashlight in every room.

Let's see what ya got girl!

I did get a day off because of her though. :D

Ankf00
09-18-03, 11:40 AM
scuba gear and kayak? ;)

cart7
09-18-03, 12:18 PM
Wow! She sounds hot. I haven't battened my hatches for a woman in awhile. Have fun. ;)

JoeBob
09-18-03, 12:51 PM
You know, there are few television events better than watching a hurricane live on TV. I don't know why, but there's just something about watching some poor sap in hipwaders and a raincoat standing outside being blasted by rain and 90 MPH winds.

This morning on CNN was particularly good, because it was clear that the camera guy was standing inside, while they sent their reporter out with a wireless microphone to make an idiot of himself all by himself. There was another reporter standing knee deep in water on a flooded street - even though there was no water covering the same road if he'd walked 2 blocks down the street, and the lawns of the nearby houses also seemed relatively dry.

Thank you CNN Producers for torturing your talking heads in the name of entertaining the masses. Today has been better than Fear Factor.

RobGuru
09-18-03, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
I did get a day off because of her though. :D

I resemble that remark. No work for me tomorrow in PA.

Shouldn't be too bad for us... up to 60 MPH wind and several inches of rain. Hope everybody south of PA makes it though OK.

racer2c
09-18-03, 01:31 PM
I agree Joe! Great stuff!

There is a certain excitment with an impending hurrican onslaught.
I've never prepared more for a storm than this one. We're 60 north of Richmond VA. It should be a heck of a night.

Right now we have a driving rain and gusting winds at about 30mph and they say we won't get the worse of it until 9:00pm tonight.

pchall
09-18-03, 01:50 PM
Isabel was only a lemming wet dream that might have screwed up the Miami race.

All those D&G posts about the storm approaching on raceweekend and they had the weekend wrong. So much for "the rain might improve the racin' in the street parade" and all the usual crap doled out by the D&G club.

Ankf00
09-18-03, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Isabel was only a lemming wet dream that might have screwed up the Miami race.

All those D&G posts about the storm approaching on raceweekend and they had the weekend wrong. So much for "the rain might improve the racin' in the street parade" and all the usual crap doled out by the D&G club.

pssssst, you're not at 7g anymore... again... ;)

pchall
09-18-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
pssssst, you're not at 7g anymore... again... ;)

"I want the truth!"
"You can't handle the truth!"

So much for 5000 or so posts at the late great CART forum known as 7G. :p

Ankf00
09-18-03, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pchall
"I want the truth!"
"You can't handle the truth!"

So much for 5000 or so posts at the late great CART forum known as 7G. :p

ya, but the keggers here are funner :D