PDA

View Full Version : Niagara Mohawk Sux.

mapguy
09-17-03, 03:22 PM
I have had a really frustrating time with Niagara Mohawk (NIMO) lately. NIMO is the power supply company for upstate NY. We had to have the power turned back on in our house before we closed on Thursday. I called them last Friday and they gave me a 'window' of between 5-9 on Tuesday (yesterday). 4 hours in an empty house with no power. I was not looking forward to it. The wife and I show up at 4:45pm and our next door neighbor told us that they showed up about a half hour ago! Great. I'm pissed. I call up NIMO and asked why the hell did the tech show up almost an hour before the scheduled appt. No explanaition given. They tell me that they will put out another call and say "between 5pm and 9pm". Fine. Well. 9pm rolls around and no one shows up. I call them back. The CSR says that they are a little bit busy and if we can wait a little longer. I am livid now. I told her that my wife and I have been waiting there for 4 hours after the tech showed up early. I also note that we have been in the dark and are hungry. I told her that I would leave the back door unlocked for the tech and asked that it be done before 1:30pm on Wednesday. I show up at 1pm and still no one had showed up. I lose it. I call them up and ask what the hell they are doing. It is a 5 minute job and this could cause problems on the closing. I ask if this problem has been escalated to her manager. She says no. I ask why. No answer. I ask to speak to her manager and tell him the situation. He apologizes but I tell him that doesn't do me any good. I tell him why bother setting up appointments when you don't show. I also tell him that if this causes a problem with my closing that they will be hearing from my lawyer. I gave them until 6am tomorrow to turn on the power. If it isn't then I will get screwed on the closing.

What a bunch of useless ****s.

End of rant.

devilmaster
09-17-03, 03:25 PM
"......and I, as your chosen leader will ensure 2 chickens in every pot, read my lips no new taxes, and a power company that will show up on time........."

Whoops, sorry....

this election is getting to me ;)

Anyways, sorry to hear mappy.

Steve

rabbit
09-17-03, 03:45 PM
Don't get me started on AEP or Sprint. I'm totally feeling your pain. Utitlity companies are completey useless. If any other business treated its customers the way these pricks do, they wouldn't have a single customer left. :flame:

Ankf00
09-17-03, 08:41 PM
did the Oswego and Oneida nuke plants get shut down or something?

JT265
09-17-03, 10:19 PM
That blows Mapster. I hope they can get their act together for you guys.

Say, did Hydro One mebbe import some of their super fantastic people along with some power?