PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get...

RaceGrrl
09-16-03, 11:44 AM
Doctor Phil

Oprah/Jerry Springer/Ricki Lake

Reality TV

I'm the only female in my office who thinks all of the above are STUPID. I just don't get the fascination with "reality" tv, and I can't stand to hear them talk about any of the lame-@ss shows.

Am I alone in this? Is it a female-only phenomenon? I really do feel like the fox in the henhouse.

Are there guys here who will admit to watching that crap?

devilmaster
09-16-03, 11:50 AM
Can I just add Infomercials to that list? :shakehead

Steve

RaceChic
09-16-03, 11:57 AM
Can I add JT265 to that list ? :p

Dirty Sanchez
09-16-03, 11:58 AM
Its confection. As long as its not the only thing you consume, I don't see a problem with it.

I do watch Survivor... its a very entertaining show.

I don't watch talk shows like Letterman or Leno. Talk about stupid. (plus I'm usually asleep by 10) :cool:

scanman
09-16-03, 11:59 AM
My daughter watches them all.....
I wonder about her sometimes....
Is it a dream world out there... :confused:

I can't stand this stuff, what's so real about it....
It's not reality TV , just a popularity contest....:shakehead

Pure garbage...imo :thumdown:

JT265
09-16-03, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Can I add JT265 to that list ? :p

Absolutely.

Sometimes the bitch is that you can't think of a tastefull yet witty reply, so it's best not to mess with it. :D

so I won't. :p

BTW Grrl, "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry" "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry" USED to be fun to watch a bit of the " my grandmother is sleeping with my husband" spots, but it gets old in a rush. ;)

RaceChic
09-16-03, 12:06 PM
I actuall was able to render JT265 speechless ??!! Or at least it couldn't be said on a family forum. :laugh:

Seriously..... I have a weakness for Temptation Island. Feel very embarassed about that. :gomer:

devilmaster
09-16-03, 12:16 PM
Well, technically, since you're reading this, aren't we all reality TV fans?

Its nothing new, we've been watching for years. Its called ChampCar racing. Whether it be on CBS, SPEED, or the old suppliers ABC and ESPN.

By the judgement of most posts on the subject, most don't like it when they try to 'fix' our reality TV. (see: 2002 Indy, 2002 Australia)

So I guess I admit it. I'm a fan of the reality TV show called 'Bridgestone Presents The ChampCar World Series Powered By Ford' ;) :D

Steve