PDA

View Full Version : Good Story About The Boss

pchall
09-15-03, 10:45 PM
cart.com link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7039)

With no apologies to Springsteen fans! :P

RaceGrrl
09-15-03, 10:50 PM
By the way the Coyne operation is run, you just assume that Boss is a doofus. At least he sees his failings, and that of the team and acknowledges them. In that respect, he's still far better than the IRL wankers.

RTKar
09-15-03, 10:58 PM
Wanker or not, he's doing something I can only dream of.

RaceGrrl
09-15-03, 11:02 PM
Exactly. He's a bit lost, and the team seems directionless, but he presents himself well in that article.

BTW- too bad about the accident that Salles was involved in. I met him at the Columbus fan forum and was impressed by how genuinely nice he was. Gualter sat next to Patrick Carpentier while they were signing autographs, and when someone wanted a pic with Carp, Salles would lean out of the way, so as to not be in the shot. I thought that was pretty classy of him, and yes, I did want him in the pic with me.

rabbit
09-16-03, 12:46 PM
“Unfortunately on the pit stand they lost track of how many laps I was doing and I got black flagged for not coming-in under the pit window... that was frustrating.” :shakehead At this level, that's completely unacceptable. What a wanker organization. Don't get me wrong, I like Geoff, but Coyne has to be the worst team in the history of the series.

devilmaster
09-16-03, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
:shakehead At this level, that's completely unacceptable. What a wanker organization. Don't get me wrong, I like Geoff, but Coyne has to be the worst team in the history of the series.

Only cause Foyt ain't here.... ;)

Steve

JoeBob
09-16-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
:shakehead At this level, that's completely unacceptable. What a wanker organization. Don't get me wrong, I like Geoff, but Coyne has to be the worst team in the history of the series.

I don't know about that. They're not a front running team, but they've been with CART since the beginning. Not many teams have competed in more CART events than Coyne has. I think an efforts like Sigma or PKR that left crew and suppliers wondering what happened to the money they were promised are far worse.

Unlike the teams that spent money they didn't have, Coyne has always run the best possible operation with the money he had available. Since his budget is limited, that means his drivers aren't as good, and his engineers are green. But, they're all learning together.

When Coyne came up with money to run a second Herdez car with a driver of his choice, who did he put behind the wheel? Memo Gidley.

When Paul Tracy wanted a shot, whose car did he muscle around to get himself noticed? Dale Coyne's.

When Roberto Moreno wanted to get back to racing in CART, whose car did he put on the podium and earn the recognition of the teams? Dale Coyne's.

When Alex Barron was down and out after being shafted with bad cars and worse engines at AAR, and then Penske whose car was he driving revitalized his career in Australia? Dale Coyne's.

When CART needed somebody to run the show after Bill Stokkan submitted a surprise resignation, who stepped up and filled the role without having a fiasco in Texas? Dale Coyne.

When CART backmarkers like Foyt, Hemelgarn and Menard left CART for easy pickings in IRL, who stuck with CART? Dale Coyne.

When CART frontrunners like Penske, Ganassi, and Green left CART for easy money in the IRL, who stuck with CART? Dale Coyne.

I'll take Dale Coyne over Chip Ganassi any day. At least with Coyne, I know what I'm getting.

RTKar
09-16-03, 07:29 PM
Amen JoeBob :thumbup:

pchall
09-16-03, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Only cause Foyt ain't here.... ;)

Steve

All we need here is a mod to move this to Other and tell us to stop bashing! ;)

Dr. Corkski
09-16-03, 08:50 PM
Coyne can run a decent operation when he has the money. Trouble is he likes it handed to him.

RichK
09-17-03, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by pchall
All we need here is a mod to move this to Other and tell us to stop bashing! ;)

:laugh:

And then I'll start a Feedback thread.......