PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Futility Watch: The Lost Weekends

pchall
09-15-03, 10:37 PM
Loudon and a Night at the Classy Chassis

Out of provisionals, Larry sits on the sidelines this weekend, taking a DNQ in New Hampshire more than 0.3 seconds slower than the last car taking a qualifying time instead of a provisional.

Meanwhile, AJIV still sucks but has nowhere to demonstrate the futility this weekend.

Chicagoland and Richmond

AJFore! qualifies DFL almost 5.5 mph slower than the polesitter at Chicago.

Meanwhile, Larry is nowhere to be seen in the lineup for the short track masacre in Richmond. Must be completely out of provisionals for all the car numbers his granddaddy can think up.

AJFore! finishes 17th, one lap down.

Early in the race he was engaged in an epic anti-battle for DFL with DNFisher which lasted for dozens of laps before I fell asleep.

Sorry about the incomplete race report, but it was just another IRL snoozefest.

nz_climber
09-15-03, 10:40 PM
at least we didn't miss anything will we were offline ;)

JoeBob
09-15-03, 10:43 PM
Or as Paul Page would say, "Nothing has changed since we left you."

DaveL
09-16-03, 12:10 PM
And when the season ends with no Foyt on the lead lap of any race when the checkers fall, AJ will have cemented his credentials as the most incompetent car owner in auto racing.

Racewriter
09-16-03, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
And when the season ends with no Foyt on the lead lap of any race when the checkers fall, AJ will have cemented his credentials as the most incompetent car owner in auto racing.

AJ done won Indy four times.

That'll learn you.

SteveH
09-16-03, 09:47 PM
"The Lost Weekends" sounds like it could be the title of a 2003 season recap for the entire Foyt racing clan.

FRANKY
09-16-03, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
"The Lost Weekends" sounds like it could be the title of a 2003 season recap for the entire Foyt racing clan.

The name rang a bell.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/5710/lost-weekend.jpg

pchall
09-16-03, 10:35 PM
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/5710/lost-weekend.jpg

Good catch on the film allusion. You'd pass my course. ;)

DaveL
09-16-03, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
AJ done won Indy four times.

That'll learn you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cart7
09-17-03, 12:38 PM
I've had little time to watch any racing the last few weeks(though I did catch most of the F1 race and Qualifying Sat and Sun). Nice to see everythings up to snuff at Foyt racing as they continue to underwhelm all takers. :gomer: