PDA

View Full Version : Helton and Hunter are still idiots

Lizzerd
08-27-03, 08:16 PM
NASCAR says no to travelling safety team (http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/2/068960-2032-037.html)

What will it take for these guys to get it? I can count at least three flaming wrecks this year when fortunately the driver was awake and aware and able to free himself, I keep reading that the drivers are not pleased by the response times, and the powers that be continue to attempt to justify the race to the flag rule.

Boggles my mind...

devilmaster
08-27-03, 09:00 PM
As opposed to other major racing organizations, which normally have just one venue a week to worry about, NASCAR sanctions three national touring series and 12 regional series. Providing a traveling safety team for all poses logistical problems. Providing it only to Winston Cup creates potential liability issues.

"We make rules; we run races. We're not in the medical care business," Hunter said. "We'd have to have a dozen safety teams. Anyone who's a member is going to rightly feel that he is entitled to the same kind of care as anyone else."

Johnson even went so far as to say if cost is the issue, the drivers would be willing to help foot the bill.

"If it was required of the drivers to help in funding a safety team, I think they would all participate," he said. "I've heard various discussions about having a traveling safety team with us. I hope it's a consideration and that it can be implemented."

K.... so its all about money. No shock there. Its grusome to say, but they've probably made more money off a dead Dale Sr. than they did if he was alive.

Well, the truth is for the half dozen guys complaining, there are probably a few hundred who would take their place. NASCAR already survived the death of its biggest name, they'll survive this. Next time, they can blame Sparco.... :shakehead

Steve