PDA

View Full Version : Tree problem solved for the GP of Denver

pchall
08-27-03, 01:23 PM
link (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business/article/0,1299,DRMN_4_2200542,00.html)

The problem with the trees that blocked the sightlines is being addressed without cutting any down this year:

"One piece of controversy from last year's race, however, has been resolved: what to do with trees near the track that block spectators' views. 'We're not cutting any trees down," Hickenlooper said. "We are trimming some, but we've been putting Valium in their water for the last two weeks so they'll feel no pain.' "

Don Quixote
08-27-03, 02:43 PM
The tree cutting thing was such a non-issue except for in the minds our beloved press. They made it sound like these were venerable old growth forests instead of the two or three year old garden store trees that had been planted around the Pepsi Center. As if the millions of dollars generated for the economy by this race couldn't pay for a few trees to be planted elsewhere. I'm glad to see the new mayor has a sense of humor about this.

cart7
08-27-03, 02:45 PM
I didn't even know there was a tree problem. :confused:

nz_climber
08-27-03, 04:11 PM
I thought this was a post about mr TreeFace and lack of beer at the denver GP and i thought all the problems are now resolved!! :rolleyes: