PDA

View Full Version : Puma sponsorship

RaceGrrl
08-27-03, 12:28 PM
Thanks to Spicoli for this scoop at Crapwagon.com. Puma is in as a sponsor at PK racing. Link to Crappy thread (http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8988)

devilmaster
08-27-03, 12:30 PM
Damn! Spicoli scoops another one. And we don't even have to coughpaycoughcough to read his scoops. WTG dood!

And here is Puma's official announcement. :thumbup:

http://motorsport.puma.com/news.jsp?id=31&start=

Steve

rabbit
08-27-03, 12:37 PM
A two-year deal... Kevin Kalkoven must know something. :thumbup:

KobySon
08-27-03, 01:33 PM
in conjunction with Mika? They need to replace Max's picture on the press release!

ncmlj
08-27-03, 01:34 PM
What they dont say is what kinda role they are playing as a sponser. Are they now the main one? Will the sidepods readPUMA? or is it just an associate sponser?

Turn7
08-27-03, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ncmlj
What they dont say is what kinda role they are playing as a sponser. Are they now the main one? Will the sidepods readPUMA? or is it just an associate sponser?

Official supplier of underwear and shoes? That may be a Jargon Joe type announcement if I have ever seen one.

Don Quixote
08-27-03, 02:44 PM
I would like to see the car painted to look like a Puma shoe!

RacinM3
08-27-03, 02:52 PM
It doesn't say underwear, it says fireproof racewear. Now, while that may be underwear, it appears that there's a Puma logo stitched onto Max's driver's suit. Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere on the site where they offer driver's suits. I did find driving shoes.

This appears to be an associate, not a primary deal. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

lone_groover
08-27-03, 03:26 PM
I think T7's got it. Looks like they're going to be supplying sneaks and driving shoes to PKR as they already do to several teamz. Team Rahole, for example.

No big megillah.

Chaos
08-27-03, 07:03 PM
OT: Do any major shoe companies sponsor racing teams (primary sponsorship that is)? I can't think of any.

Turn7
08-27-03, 07:20 PM
I think Redwings (steel toed industrial shoes) sponsored a Busch car at one time. I may be wrong but I seem to remember them on some sort of NASCAR program. Maybe Tony Lama as well?

RichK
08-27-03, 07:30 PM
I think Nike sponsored either PacWest or DellaPenna for the Portland race a few years ago.

You'd think with the soccer/auto racing crossover in Europe and Brazil, that we would see more.

lone_groover
08-27-03, 07:42 PM
Reebok sponsored Andy Evans' CRAPWAGON w/Greasio Salazar and then Davy Hamilton (different team?) for a few.

Those were the days.......