PDA

View Full Version : Max is out

ncmlj
08-26-03, 07:59 PM
http://www.maxpapis.com/newstory.asp?newsFile=story8262003181241.txt&imageFile=&id=753

cartmanoz
08-26-03, 08:02 PM
No surprises there. But it's hardly his fault, the car just isn't competitive.

Though if Salo replaces him, I'll be proved wrong like usual and he'll win his first race.:eek:

Turn7
08-26-03, 08:06 PM
"I know Max is involved with other motorsports endeavours at this time," remarked team Co-Owner Kevin Kalkhoven, "and on behalf of Co-Owner Craig Pollock and Team Manager Russell Cameron, I would like to wish him the utmost success as he continues in his career."

I'll be the first to say it.

Papis to Panther. :D

pchall
08-26-03, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
No surprises there. But it's hardly his fault, the car just isn't competitive.

Max doesn't seem to have done much to help the car become competitive. Are you saying he's just supposed to show up and drive and has no responsibility for set up and development? Salo may well be the driver who can help the whole team get the job done.

Railbird
08-26-03, 09:50 PM
about time for PKR to start acting like a raceteam.

devilmaster
08-26-03, 10:13 PM
The unfortunate thing for Max (not that I really care) is that the driver before him is lamarie. If lammy didn't develop the car properly out of the gate, then the team is way behind by the time Max comes in.

The real story will happen when Salo gets a few races in. If Salo is slow, then its safe to assume that its a team problem. If Mika gets the PK car moving for once, then its a driver issue.

But we still have to remember, Pollock is best known for taking other people's money without showing anything for it.

My 2 bits
Steve

Chaos
08-26-03, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
about time for PKR to start acting like a raceteam.

agreed. Gentilozzi was in the same boat as PK, and there's no comparison.

Hink
08-26-03, 11:22 PM
That's about the slowest Lola around.

rabbit
08-27-03, 12:50 AM
Max'll be back.

He's a fighter you know. ;)

Dr. Corkski
08-27-03, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Hink
That's about the slowest Lola around. Well, there are Coyne's Lolas, but then when you compare tubs 3-4 years apart the older one is probably going to be slower. :eek:

cartmanoz
08-27-03, 06:53 AM
Bummer for Max, but hopefully Salo can pick up the pieces and make the car competitive. I don't think it was a driver problem personally. I think the team are also at fault.

RaceChic
08-27-03, 07:09 AM
I think Lizzerd knew this was coming..... :)

Warlock!
08-27-03, 07:23 AM
Without Max, we might as well just fold up the tents and go home. CART can never survive on it's own...

Warlock!

JoeBob
08-27-03, 10:37 AM
How could they do this to the King of Portland? :mad: :cry: :mad:

;)

RTKar
08-27-03, 11:17 AM
They said on the tv broadcast that the car showed up in Montreal with Mika's name on it....

RaceGrrl
08-27-03, 11:25 AM
I remember that, and apparently Max was Mad.

JoeBob
08-27-03, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
I remember that, and apparently Max was Mad.

Go figure! I'd be pretty ticked off if I one day, I showed up to work and found somebody else's name on the door to my office. Especially if there had been rumors that person was in line to get my job.

What struck me as even stranger was that PK even bothered to change the name on the cockpit for a test session. They need to pay closer attention to detail, but there's a lot bigger fish to fry than that one!

Or maybe they were trying to use that to motivate their driver. In any case, it was pretty tacky - even for them.

RaceGrrl
08-27-03, 11:47 AM
Point taken, JB. I was just making a little joke about "Mad" Max. :p

Foxman
08-27-03, 02:59 PM
Thats it people, close up shop, board up the windows. CART is done without Papis. :rofl: :D :rofl: Buh Bye Max, don't let it hit ya where the good lord split ya.