PDA

View Full Version : "The Milli Vanilli - fication"

racer2c
08-26-03, 02:17 PM
Link (http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030825.gtsinging/BNStory/Technology/)

RichK
08-26-03, 05:26 PM
Ugh.

It IS funny, though, that Brittney Spears required THREE autotuners! :laugh:

racer2c
08-26-03, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by RichK
Ugh.

It IS funny, though, that Brittney Spears required THREE autotuners! :laugh:

Indeed. :thumdown:

Canon2292
08-26-03, 10:55 PM
That takes all the joy out of listening to [insert worthless, no-talent, pop artist here]!:mad: Maybe I could drag one of these things to American Idol next season?

Lizzerd
08-26-03, 11:13 PM
Ozzy could have used one of those things at the Cubs game. Oh wait, they don't know lyrics... Never mind.

indyfan31
08-27-03, 01:32 PM
The driving force behind this trend has been the fans themselves, who now have a more educated ear and can tell if something is off-key, industry experts said.

Somehow I don't see Britney Spears or N Sync fans falling into this group.

RacinM3
08-27-03, 03:03 PM
OK if used in-studio. Fraud if used in-concert.

indyfan31
08-27-03, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
OK if used in-studio. Fraud if used in-concert.

I can't buy that. If you can't get it right in the studio (where conditions are IDEAL), you'll never get it right live.

Treeface
08-27-03, 04:30 PM
Shania Twain rumored?? Come on, her voice is way weak to begin with and they run it thru so much digitizing she sounds like a robot.

racer2c
08-27-03, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Treeface
Shania Twain rumored?? Come on, her voice is way weak to begin with and they run it thru so much digitizing she sounds like a robot.

No doubt. Especially considering her hubby/producer Mutt Lang practically invented harmonizors in his Def Leppard days.

JohnHKart
08-27-03, 05:40 PM
I can see Dylan singing out of tune, but it's total bs that Morrison was "rarely in tune." There's a lot of live recordings of him and he's in tune. Maybe they are thinking of the nights he was falling off the stage. Also, I worked for the Doors at the Harley show in Toronto (where Journey also played) and I can assure you, Ian Astbury was definitely not using that device. I don't think Steve Augeri of Journey would need it either and I don't think he was using it.

JH