PDA

View Full Version : Looks like CART has a fan...

Lizzerd
08-26-03, 02:52 AM
...writing for the local paper for the next race.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~89~1589915,00.html)

I agree that Denver isn't one of the best events on the schedule, and I know that the truth hurts sometimes when a race is a dog, but geez, buddy, lighten up. Even if you hate the series you could at least give a few props to your mayor and your city for making Denver the host to a major league event that feeds the local economy a bit. What a loser...

This should be the first race off the '04 schedule.

P.S. The hack can be contacted at wpaige@denverpost.com

Lizzerd
08-26-03, 03:04 AM
Oops... looks like the Crappys were about 12 hours ahead of me...

CW (http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8924)

Never mind...

pchall
08-26-03, 06:56 AM
The writer admints he left town to avoid the race weekend last year, yet feels justified in panning an event and race that he did not see. Pile on the idiot.

Dr. Corkski
08-26-03, 07:03 AM
Wait til he gets to see Miami. :laugh:

cart7
08-26-03, 08:10 AM
It's hard to tell who he's unhappy with. This guy seems to have quite a bit of animosity towards the city and the mayor. It's clear the layout of the track was mostly designed by the Chamber of Commerce. If he wants to bitch, dig a little and find out who was responsible for choosing that area for the race. Denver has plenty of beautiful areas with scenic views of the Rockies, they should have been pickier on the race location.

Don Quixote
08-26-03, 10:22 AM
Woody Paige is an idiot. Always has been, always will be. End of story.

RaceChic
08-26-03, 10:41 AM
He got a reply from me. It is just too long to post here.
Something tells me that trying to talk to this a$$ is just a waste of time and he will be one of those people that will fight back blindly even though they have no clue what they are talking about and/or are completely in the wrong. :rolleyes:

BMEP
08-26-03, 01:52 PM
He mentions Monaco... Oh yeah, LOTS of passing at that track.

I think I'll start critisizing things I haven't watched and see if some newspaper will hire me! :)

Jag_Warrior
08-26-03, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BMEP
He mentions Monaco... Oh yeah, LOTS of passing at that track.

I think I'll start critisizing things I haven't watched and see if some newspaper will hire me! :)

Just learn to steal what other people have written... the NY Times (and a certain CART website) will probably hire you. :D

racer2c
08-26-03, 02:11 PM
Hell, it's not CART's fault that Denver is as cool as Monaco.

He's just pissed that his newspaper id wouldn't get him behind the barricade.

ncmlj
08-26-03, 02:36 PM
http://www.denvergov.org/mayor/

Send this guy an E-mail and ask why his city is so messed up? Oh yes and don't forget to use Woody paige's name in a line or two.

Dr. Corkski
08-26-03, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Hell, it's not CART's fault that Denver is as cool as Monaco.Only if you are referring to the weather.