PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Michel!

JoeBob
08-24-03, 11:42 PM
Nice drive by Michel, and a lesson in racecraft for Rocketsports.

Ziggy
08-24-03, 11:54 PM
I will give Tags his due, He did not whine about it when it was all said and done. Daly making comments "lets go to the tears" should be reserved for when he see the Schwann truck in his driveway...

Ziggy

rabbit
08-25-03, 12:01 AM
Mmmmm, Schwann's. :)

RTKar
08-25-03, 12:07 AM
What good are manditory pit windows that are supposed to encourage racing when the cars don't race. Give Tag an A+ for effort....dump the contrived crap and get back to racing.

FRANKY
08-25-03, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
I will give Tags his due, He did not whine about it when it was all said and done.

Ziggy

I agree. Tag had a great drive and not a peep out of him.

Maybe he figured he would let the other Canadian do the whining.

Treeface
08-25-03, 12:36 AM
Nice run for Michel. :thumbup: It seems odd that he is younger than Oriol and Alex. I guess because he's been driving since '96.

mexican
08-25-03, 03:23 AM
Bravo to Michel, great drive, Tracy was lucky he only lost 2 spots at the end.

cart7
08-25-03, 07:59 AM
Congrats to Michel. :thumbup:

RaceChic
08-25-03, 09:23 AM
Congrats to Michel. I was impressed how he commented that it really was Alex Tagliani's race. Very classy of him. :)

RTKar
08-25-03, 10:11 AM
Although I like Michel, I felt bad for Tagliani, he had a dominating car and should have won the race. Fuel conservation races leave a bad taste with me. I would rather see cars running hard and let the chips fall where they may. Especially now with one mfg and what I would assume to be relatively consistent fuel consumption from all the engines, I don't see much need for CART to try to contrive how the race plays out. At MOST, designate the minimum number of stops and allow the teams to decide when they should be.

RaceChic
08-25-03, 10:27 AM
I agree with you RTKar. I don't like CART telling them exactly when they have to pit. It also removes an element of mystery as to when they will do it. It was a lot more fun that way. :D

lone_groover
08-26-03, 11:09 AM
I know David Letterman is an I*dy lover and a fence-sitter, but he DID mention Michel's win and showed clips of the Montreal race on last night's show. He congratulated Team Rahal and "young Mexican driver" Michel for "well deserved" win.

:thumbup: :thumdown: :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
08-26-03, 11:19 AM
I saw that too. Did he mention which series Jourdain races in? I can't remember.

Dirty Sanchez
08-26-03, 12:08 PM
Pit windows suck :thumdown:

Nice drive Jr. :thumbup:

lone_groover
08-26-03, 01:39 PM
I think it's time to append the big F to the front of Letterman's name.

Peep the link I saw at 7th BumSteer:

F David Letterman (http://home.flash.net/~djbrown/NYC/dave.jpg)

:flame:

racer2c
08-26-03, 01:41 PM
That is one disturbing picture, in more ways than I care to think about.

I'm thinking of a compound word that starts with A.

*shudder*

I need a drink.

Ziggy
08-26-03, 07:32 PM
I dont understand the lines of thinking. Tags pitted earlier than the others. He did not get good milage. Jourdain did not win this race on fuel milage alone, but did it with pace and skill. Tags car burned up too much fuel, he pitted out of sequence (by two laps) the first time and sealed his fate.

Ziggy