PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to lap 35...hahhahaha

Turn7
08-24-03, 03:20 PM
What a tv partner. Cut the first 35 laps off of the PA race today.

Mariofan
08-24-03, 03:51 PM
Man, I had forgotten how Paul Page can get annoying. Jenks?? Scott Goodyear's "analysis" reminds me of the Peabody & Sherman cartoons. He is Mr. Peabody.

Sure looks like the locals showed in mass for Grand Marshall Mic hael Andretti.:shakehead Thanks for fixing open wheel racing Tony!:thumdown:

pchall
08-24-03, 04:28 PM
Truely the superior television package.

Apparently they started the nonsense on ESPN2 so they wouldn't alienate the Little League fans.

mapguy
08-24-03, 04:30 PM
Man, there are a lot of empty seats there at Naz. Even in the areas where they are allowing people to sit they are at most 1/4 full.

Thanks Tony. :thumdown:

fourrunner
08-24-03, 04:32 PM
Got a kick out of Jack Arute during the pre-reace show commenting to Scot Dixon.....

"Scott Dixon is late because he got caught in traffic, so we're gonna have a great crowd today"

The Roads around Nazareth weren't built to handle the traffic they have on a day to day basis. If there's a 4H meeting at the Grange, the traffic is tied up for hours.

There was no advertising of notice in the Philly area for the race.

The Philadelphia Inquirer had an article on Michael Andretti, but you couldn't tell it was for the race.

The Weather is perfect today, low 80's. low humidity, No rain in site.

I went to the Race for CART 13 years, and got mailings from them up till last year. This year nothing.

I figure Nazareth Raceway has given up promoting this race!

Gurneyflap
08-24-03, 09:20 PM
Anyone else notice?...I was going to make a separate topic, but, what for...The ONE big stand (I guess you'd call it turn 4) had a lot of people top to bottom. It was the only one even CLOSE to half-full. My question is, how did they get people to sit low there, when they could have had WAAAY better seats elsewhere? It was so obvious they "packed" that particular stand because it appeared on-screen more than any other. How'd they DO that...PAY people to sit there?

Treeface
08-24-03, 10:04 PM
The ASA show at Erie had more folks in the stands.

fourrunner
08-25-03, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Anyone else notice?...I was going to make a separate topic, but, what for...The ONE big stand (I guess you'd call it turn 4) had a lot of people top to bottom. It was the only one even CLOSE to half-full. My question is, how did they get people to sit low there, when they could have had WAAAY better seats elsewhere? It was so obvious they "packed" that particular stand because it appeared on-screen more than any other. How'd they DO that...PAY people to sit there?

That is Odd.... Having been a charter member of the CART years at Nazareth, you never buy seats in the lower 25% of the stands because of the limited visability of the whole track. Especially because of the elevation changes.

NOW most accidents happen in the last turn and along the front straight. So maybe they just like that kind of action. Also the entry to the pits would be visable from that section.

Either way, I think I'd head for the top sections for a better view of the whole track

Dr. Corkski
08-25-03, 08:22 AM
Shame on you guys. ALMS was on TV at the best road course in the US at the same time but you decided to watch roundy round at a bullring. :D

cart7
08-25-03, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap

Comp seats probably. Non-payers. Was odd that the only shots were you could get a real head-on shot of the stands was that one. The illusion continues.

BTW, had you left you're set tuned to ESPN2 when they switched, you could have watched high school cheerleaders.

mmmmmmmm.... cheerleaders.

RaceChic
08-25-03, 09:21 AM
Interesting........
I had no idea. I wasn't watching. Didn't even know the IRL was racing this weekend. There were CART and F1 races though. :D

JT265
08-25-03, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Interesting........
I had no idea. I wasn't watching. Didn't even know the IRL was racing this weekend. There were CART and F1 races though. :D

And ALMS too. ;)

RaceChic
08-25-03, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by JT265
And ALMS too. ;)

I was watching that too.... :p
I learned alot about that series Sunday. I think I'll have to start paying attention to it more and more. ;)

KobySon
08-25-03, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by cart7
Comp seats probably. Non-payers. Was odd that the only shots were you could get a real head-on shot of the stands was that one. The illusion continues.

BTW, had you left you're set tuned to ESPN2 when they switched, you could have watched high school cheerleaders.

mmmmmmmm.... cheerleaders.

mmmmmmm...

your right. comp seats from marlboro. I got a piece of junk mail from them offering two free seats for "smokers over the age of 18". How the hell can I tell them to quit sending me sheet because I don't smoke nor like the IRL?

pchall
08-25-03, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by cart7

Was Bob Jenkins also the announcer for that? He knows all about cheerleading.

Racewriter
08-25-03, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by KobySon
mmmmmmm...

your right. comp seats from marlboro. I got a piece of junk mail from them offering two free seats for "smokers over the age of 18". How the hell can I tell them to quit sending me sheet because I don't smoke nor like the IRL?

I noticed that particular section had red hats, top to bottom.

RaceChic
08-25-03, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by KobySon
mmmmmmm...

How the heck can the EARL survive this way!!????!!!! :shakehead

Turn7
08-25-03, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Shame on you guys. ALMS was on TV at the best road course in the US at the same time but you decided to watch roundy round at a bullring. :D

I was watching the little league guys and as soon as the game was over they cut into the race.

Trust me, I wasn't looking for the IRL, it found me. I thought it was sort of funny that Little League baseball out trumped "big" league IRL racing.

racer2c
08-25-03, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago

I don't like the ALMS. Never have, never will. As boring a stock car race IMO. I was a big de Ferran fan though, along with others involved with the IRL. I, like fourrunner, attended all but two of the Naz CART races. That said, my interest is to continue my analysis as to exactly why Tony decided to start this CART imitation league.
Fuel management, wankers 10mph off the pace, more people at the county fair than in the stands, Brazilian winners. This was pure entertainment!

Thanks for the show Tony!!

RaceChic
08-25-03, 10:41 AM
Although I miss some of the drivers that left CART to go to the IRL, I didn't realize that the EARL was on this weekend. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the IRL doesn't get a lot of TV coverage in Canada, or at least in Ontario. :p

RTKar
08-25-03, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Although I miss some of the drivers that left CART to go to the IRL, I didn't realize that the EARL was on this weekend. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the IRL doesn't get a lot of TV coverage in Canada, or at least in Ontario. :p

I didn't know they were on either...

Wheel-Nut
08-25-03, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
. . . . I thought it was sort of funny that Little League baseball out trumped "big" league IRL racing.

You don't want to piss off those LL parents, I hear a ticked off LL mom can take 4 lemmings on any day!!!

DaveL
08-25-03, 11:14 AM
And let's not forget that the Little League baseball game drew more fans in attendence.

Turn7
08-25-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
And let's not forget that the Little League baseball game drew more fans in attendence.

hahahahah....I didn't think of that but, its true.

Next they will talk about how stupid it was to schedule the Naz race the same weekend as such a huge event as the LLWS in the same state.

How can they expect to compete with such a powerful event as kiddie ball.