View Full Version : Where "The Vision" originated

Railbird
08-24-03, 08:48 AM
Doh!

slaps forehead

it's all so clear now:

"living in Indiana, the Farmer's Almanac suggests"

Tony George

Link (http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/4/068159-3444-037.html)

;)

Eagle104
08-24-03, 09:33 AM
:D

Ha..well, what do ya know!? That pretty much blows my theory that he used the services of Nancy Reagan's astrologer!:laugh:

JoeBob
08-24-03, 09:36 AM
:rofl:

pchall
08-24-03, 09:46 AM
The Farmer's Almanac? How about a ten year survey of regional weather conditions for the month of May? You can get one on the internet at most weather sites...

RaceChic
08-24-03, 11:58 AM
Quote:
"Helio Castroneves qualified second at 170.849 mph in a Dallara/Toyota. He's one of the few drivers not worried about Dixon's short-track dominance.

"It's not who is faster, it's who's better in traffic," he said of the race."

Poor baby!!! :p

Quote:
"Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and CEO Tony George said he's considering a plan to move the starting time of the Indianapolis 500 back an hour or two to improve television ratings."

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
08-24-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic

Quote:
"Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and CEO Tony George said he's considering a plan to move the starting time of the Indianapolis 500 back an hour or two to improve television ratings."

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

He's nothing if not consistent... consistently stupid.

We all know (and even many IRL fans now know) what would improve ratings for the race that once was: Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon, full RCR, DEI and Hendrick Racing efforts. That's about it, isn't it?

The same way that the Indy 500 participation of Formula One drivers used to have me glued to my TV set in May, most people now would probably like to see drivers from "the fastest growing sport in America". :saywhat:

Yeah, CART IndyCar was pretty screwy. But there's no way that CART could have sunk the ship like this all by itself. So thank you, Tony. You're a hero... in trailer parks throughout the Southern U.S. (ya b@st@rd!).

Chitowncartfreak
08-24-03, 07:58 PM
Oh yeah, starting the race at noon will bring the ratings back up to 8 or 9.

What a complete moron!!!!

Treeface
08-25-03, 12:12 AM
Magic Eight Ball.

Debris yellow for Sam the Sham?

"Very Likely"

DaveL
08-25-03, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Chitowncartfreak
Oh yeah, starting the race at noon will bring the ratings back up to 8 or 9.

It would. You just left the numbers to the left of the decimal point off: 1.8 or 1.9 at the rate things are going.

cart7
08-25-03, 09:09 AM
Quote:

Genius, pure genius.

I checked the almanac myself and he could be right. Seems most Last Sundays in May, finds the morning hours of 11am to 3pm: "Solunarly optimal for slopping the pigs and removing manure from the stables."

So that explains the drop in ratings since '96. :gomer: