PDA

View Full Version : We knew it would happen sooner or later...

pchall
08-23-03, 07:41 PM
link (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=134359&SN=IRL)

NAZARETH, Pa., Saturday, Aug. 23, 2003 -- Sarah Fisher is awake and alert after an accident during the final practice for the Firestone Indy 225 IRL IndyCarTM Series event at Nazareth Speedway.

She was transported via air to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa. for evaluation of back pain, said Dr. Henry Bock, director of medical services for the Indy Racing League.

Fisher, 22, driver of the No. 23 GMAC/AOL/Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Dallara/Chevrolet/Firestone, spun to the left in Turn 3 and hit the outside retaining wall with the left rear of the car with approximately 10 minutes remaining in the final practice session.

The car suffered heavy damage to the rear and moderate damage to the front wing and suspension.

JT265
08-23-03, 07:55 PM
Regardless of the side-show that is Sarah, I hope she's alright.

racer2c
08-23-03, 08:13 PM
I too hope Sarah is alright. :(

JoeBob
08-23-03, 08:51 PM
I hate to see anybody get hurt, hopefully she's okay. "complaining of pain" can (and has) been used for anything and everything. (Davey Hamilton was "complaining of pain" in his feet.)

Railbird
08-23-03, 08:58 PM
No fun when any of the kids are in the hospital.

lone_groover
08-23-03, 09:21 PM
Hope it's not as bad as it sounds. In fact, I hope it's not bad at all.

fourrunner
08-23-03, 10:13 PM
Same here!!

Jag_Warrior
08-23-03, 10:46 PM
Yeah, all jokes aside, I hope she's OK.

Chitowncartfreak
08-23-03, 11:24 PM
While I have my opinions on various race drivers, I never want to see any driver get hurt. Hope Sarah's ok.

DaveL
08-23-03, 11:44 PM
I wish no ill on any race car driver. I hope she's alright.

But we all know the history of IRL drivers who were, "awake and alert but complaining of pain in [insert body part here]."

Treeface
08-24-03, 12:37 AM
Someone please stop the insanity. :(

FRANKY
08-24-03, 01:19 AM
Although we have fun with her, hope she gets well.

cartman
08-24-03, 03:50 AM
oops, ignore this

cartman
08-24-03, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Chitowncartfreak
While I have my opinions on various race drivers, I never want to see any driver get hurt. Hope Sarah's ok.

My sentiments exactly

nz_climber
08-24-03, 06:16 AM
I feel the same as you guys, don't like it when any driver is involed in a serious accident, no matter who the driver is, or the series they in

Get better soon Sarah

RaceGrrl
08-24-03, 07:57 AM
I too, wish Sarah well.

I wonder if Tony feels like a real man, now that he's hurt a girl. The thing I don't understand is WHY the drivers don't demand that something be done about how dangerous these cars are. I know that in CART, drivers have spoken out together when they've felt like something is unsafe. I guess that some of them are so desperate for a job that they keep their mouths shut.

Treeface is right. It's insanity.

JoeBob
08-24-03, 09:37 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/7790/

She was held overnight for observation, and further evaluation of her back pain. She's in good condition, with full movement of her extremities.

cartmanoz
08-24-03, 11:35 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to drive one of those death-traps. I think they are all nuts - not brave.

Hope Sarah gets away with at least nothing broken.

RaceChic
08-25-03, 10:38 AM
I hope she does okay and is not injured. I may hate all that is IRL, but this CART fan hopes she will be okay. Never good when a driver gets hurt. We definately don't need any more of that. :(

mapguy
08-25-03, 10:50 AM
Maybe, just maybe, she'll stop listening to her handlers and the denizens of TF and realise that she is a wanker who is in way over her head. I know this is a bit harsh but it is time for this circus freak-show to end.

:thumdown:

Turn7
08-25-03, 11:02 AM
All that "bigass" padding looks to have paid off and she only has a bruised back instead of a backsnap.

Who would have ever thought that consuming a dozen Long's Donuts every morning would have prevented a broken back.

lone_groover
08-25-03, 10:42 PM
Is Hooterville Methodist a for-profit institution? They must be doin' OK. What with getting a dozen-or-so rooms ready so far this year already.

Still a few races left, maybe I should buy some stock. :shakehead

SteveH
08-25-03, 10:58 PM
Hey, just a thought, maybe it really was loose?

devilmaster
08-26-03, 04:31 PM
no separate articles at indyracing.com, but a small blurb in the helio wins article....

Funny, i didn't know he won till now......

In the final practice session Aug. 23, Sarah Fisher was involved in an accident in Turn 2. On Aug. 24, Fisher was released from Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa., said Dr. Henry Bock, director of medical services for the Indy Racing League. Fisher has a severe back contusion and will be evaluated on a day-to-day basis to determine when she will be cleared to drive.

'severe back contusion' :shakehead

Steve

Napoleon
08-26-03, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster

Funny, i didn't know he won till now......

nor I