PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship Opportunity?

Turn7
08-21-03, 11:10 AM
http://www.chevrontexaco.com/news/press/2003/2003-08-14.asp

ChevronTexaco has acquired the Havoline and Texaco Fast Lube names as of 8-14.

In the article it states that they plan to sponsor local motorsports events. Maybe Houston?

Ongoing Commitment to the Havoline Brand

New marketing and promotional activities are in addition to the extensive arsenal of marketing programs and tools dedicated to the Havoline brand, including programs designed specifically for mass merchandisers and auto parts stores. Others include:

Sponsorship of Chip Ganassi racing with Felix Sabates & the #42 Havoline Dodge in NASCAR racing.

Sponsorship of the U.S. Olympic Baseball and Soccer Teams

Havoline spokesperson Mario Andretti, representing Havoline at numerous events throughout the year.

Global advertising campaign: broadcast and print

Marketer Incentive Program

Multiple publications for CTGL marketer network

Support of local motorsports events nationwide

Havoline.com

sundaydriver
08-21-03, 11:18 AM
Sure would be nice to see Mario with a Champ Car team with sponsorship from Texaco/Havoline. You think Newman/Haas might be a good fit for this "new" team. ;)

GPR
08-21-03, 12:29 PM
I would have liked to have seen Chevron's sponsorship a bit more decorated last year. The black Havoline/Texaco paint job with the white/red/blue chevron logo was not exactly perfect paint.

Nevertheless, I'm sure winning the championship last year was a real eye-opener. I think if there is a race in Houston or thereabouts, you'll see major involvement again like we did before for the street race.

RaceGrrl
08-21-03, 12:34 PM
posted by GPR: I would have liked to have seen Chevron's sponsorship a bit more decorated last year. The black Havoline/Texaco paint job with the white/red/blue chevron logo was not exactly perfect paint.

I've never been a fan of the mostly-black Texaco cars. I realize that it's been the tradition, but they just don't look that good, IMO. I like "racier" paint jobs.

Chaos
08-21-03, 03:25 PM
as long as they're providing sponsorship funds they can paint the car puke green for all i care.

RaceGrrl
08-21-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
as long as they're providing sponsorship funds they can paint the car puke green for all i care.

Nice way to piss on my post, dude.

I'm not so stupid to think that the color matters either. :rolleyes:

nz_climber
08-21-03, 03:48 PM
I actually liked the black.... very sleck and sexy :)

Chaos
08-21-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Nice way to piss on my post, dude.

I'm not so stupid to think that the color matters either. :rolleyes:

relax, i'm trying to 'piss on your post'.

racer2c
08-21-03, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
relax, i'm trying to 'piss on your post'.

"not".

Mariofan
08-21-03, 09:23 PM
I loved the old old black and white NH cars of 1990-1995. Texaco was always a good sponsor.

Chaos
08-22-03, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by racer2c
"not".

oops...

I was not trying to piss on the post...couldn't edit it on time.

RaceGrrl
08-22-03, 08:42 AM
s'okay.... Thanks for the clarification. I'm over it. :)