PDA

View Full Version : I hope he's kidding...

mapguy
08-21-03, 10:08 AM
In this Autosport.com article (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24283&s=5) Montreal F1 boss Norman Legault suggested that he might run the irl (along with NASCAR) to make up for the loss of F1. :saywhat: :gomer:

Hey Norman, Canadians know a turd when they see one.

cart7
08-21-03, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
In this Autosport.com article (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24283&s=5) Montreal F1 boss Norman Legault suggested that he might run the irl (along with NASCAR) to make up for the loss of F1. :saywhat: :gomer:

Agreed. I think most Canadians know the differance between a Quality vs. kwalty race. :gomer:

sundaydriver
08-21-03, 11:24 AM
The more this Norman Legault guy opens his mouth, the more I think this guy is an idiot. He's just pissed because BE and GF are threatenin to axe the Montreal GP's because of tobacco laws.

Maybe we could all chip in and buy this moron a box of tissues. :shakehead

FRANKY
08-21-03, 11:27 AM

There are a lot of Canadian fans at the Michigan NASCAR race. I would say they would sell the place out.

The IRL wouldn't do squat there without a Canadian driver or two.

Jag_Warrior
08-21-03, 12:54 PM
Legault is probably the guy who started the Sarah Fisher to Minardi rumor (lie).

In NASCARland, it seems that the two road races they have now are two too many. Why would the France clan add another one? Plus, they wouldn't drop an ISC race to add an event "owned" by someone else. And taking one away from Bruttie might add some briefs to the lawsuit. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

mapguy
08-21-03, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by FRANKY
There are a lot of Canadian fans at the Michigan NASCAR race. I would say they would sell the place out.

The IRL wouldn't do squat there without a Canadian driver or two.

You've obviously not been to Montreal.

Mariofan
08-21-03, 09:33 PM
Windtunnel has Hylton on and was posed about Montreal. He says his "plate is pretty full" here in America right now. Don't hold your breath about NASCAB in Canada.

JT265
08-21-03, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Mariofan
Windtunnel has Hylton on and was posed about Montreal. He says his "plate is pretty full" here in America right now. Don't hold your breath about NASCAB in Canada.

So then the question that needs to be asked is, how many of the IRL drivers can swim?

RaceChic
08-22-03, 07:11 AM
You've obviously not been to Montreal.

I agree with him. These people are die-hard F1 fans.
CART only started there last year. They accepted it, I would think because Jacques was in it and there are three Canadians in it, two of which are from Quebec also. They will know about the IRL and Tony George's lies. The city in its culture has a strong european type influence. Therefore I would guess that they typically would not be NASCAR fans. :)

nrc
08-22-03, 07:46 AM
He's got to act like he's got some kind of leverage since he's lost his F1 race and Gerry has threatened to take away his CART race.

FRANKY
08-22-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Mariofan
Evidently some guy called in from a street party with 10,000 people claiming that Canadians go to see Fellows race at Watkins Glen etc etc.

Not sure how the racing would be, but it would be a sellout.

They wouldn't even need Tracy in the field to make it a sell out.

mapguy
08-22-03, 12:21 PM
Dude, this is Montreal we are talking about here. Most English speaking Canadians don't give a rats behind about NASCAR. Even more French speaking Canadians feel the same way.

Regardless of what that tool Dean McNulty writes in the Toronto Sun most Canadian's don't care about NASCAR!

FRANKY
08-22-03, 12:40 PM
Dude, this is Montreal we are talking about here. Most English speaking Canadians don't give a rats behind about NASCAR. Even more French speaking Canadians feel the same way.

Regardless of what that tool Dean McNulty writes in the Toronto Sun most Canadian's don't care about NASCAR!

So the place would be 3/4 empty if they ran Nextel Cup? :shakehead

1/2 empty? :shakehead

Sold out? :thumbup:

I'm not into wagering, but I would feel like I was stealing your money on this one.

mapguy
08-22-03, 12:44 PM
So the place would be 3/4 empty if they ran Nextel Cup? :shakehead

1/2 empty? :shakehead

Sold out? :thumbup:

I'm not into wagering, but I would feel like I was stealing your money on this one.

Get a clue. This is Montreal we are talking about. Did you read my posts? Have you been to Montreal? Can you even find Montreal on a map? Canada is Formula 1 and C^RT country with Montreal being the capitol.

Think about this. If NASCAR is soooo popular in Canada, according to you anyway, then why hasn't anyone built an oval for them to race on? Why hasn't anyone approached them to run at Mosport or Mont Tremblant?

:shakehead :rolleyes: :thumdown:

FRANKY
08-22-03, 01:50 PM
Get a clue. This is Montreal we are talking about. Did you read my posts? Have you been to Montreal? Can you even find Montreal on a map? Canada is Formula 1 and C^RT country with Montreal being the capitol.

Think about this. If NASCAR is soooo popular in Canada, according to you anyway, then why hasn't anyone built an oval for them to race on? Why hasn't anyone approached them to run at Mosport or Mont Tremblant?

:shakehead :rolleyes: :thumdown:

I guess to prove you wrong they will have to race there. To prove me wrong they will have to race there.

Then and only then we will know who is clueless and who is arrogant. Of course if I'm right you'll blame the Americans who some how found "Montreal on a map". :gomer:

mapguy
08-22-03, 01:52 PM
I guess to prove you wrong they will have to race there. To prove me wrong they will have to race there.

Then and only then we will know who is clueless and who is arrogant. Of course if I'm right you'll blame the Americans who some how found "Montreal on a map". :gomer:

I lived there for almost 30 years. I think I know what I am talking about.

FRANKY
08-22-03, 02:06 PM
I lived there for almost 30 years. I think I know what I am talking about.

Which means you haven't lived here for many years and don't know what you are talking about.

Let's see what happens if it happens and that will be proof in the pudding.

http://home.xnet.com/~dav/proof.gif

Chief
08-22-03, 02:07 PM
NASCAR? It's C-A-S-C-A-R.....;)

mapguy
08-22-03, 02:08 PM
Which means you haven't lived here for many years and don't know what you are talking about.

Let's see what happens if it happens and that will be proof in the pudding.

WTF are you talking about in your first point?

As for the second point. If NASCAR Nextel Cup runs a race in Canada within the next 5-10 years I'll donate $50 to your favourite charity on your behalf.

FRANKY
08-22-03, 02:34 PM
WTF are you talking about in your first point?

As for the second point. If NASCAR Nextel Cup runs a race in Canada within the next 5-10 years I'll donate $50 to your favourite charity on your behalf.

Agreed.

EDwardo
08-22-03, 11:52 PM

...The IRL wouldn't do squat there without a Canadian driver or two.

You obviously haven't noticed that the IRL features several Canadian racers.
Why, theres Jacques Foyt, Michelle Fisher and Francoise Castroneves to mention just three! And don't forget Pierre Georges!
Heck, they might all become French Canadian to draw one of those legendary big crowds the IRL is noted for. Its the pinnacle baby!

mapguy
08-23-03, 06:43 AM
Scott Goodyear ran in the irl for a few years. Didn't do anything to help the irl in Canada.

JT265
08-23-03, 07:14 AM
Scott Goodyear ran in the irl for a few years. Didn't do anything to help the irl in Canada.

.... or his career either.

BUT WAIT!!!!!! He's a broadcaster now!!!

That's what we drivers like to call (takes out Sharpie and points to the post) a dig at a wanker, Mappy. ;)