PDA

View Full Version : JV's solution to the boring F1 races is....

mapguy
08-21-03, 09:55 AM
getting rid of the mirrors. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24281&s=5) After a while of :saywhat: I realised that it actually isn't as stupid as you would think. As mentioned in the Autosport.com article, motorcyle racers don't use mirrors and they have lots of passing and no blocking.

The only person that I can see not liking this is that pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard.

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 10:33 AM
Ofcourse he's in favor of it... JV doesn't need mirrors now anyway. No one is behind him :p

mapguy
08-21-03, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Crapus
Ofcourse he's in favor of it... JV doesn't need mirrors now anyway. No one is behind him :p

:rolleyes: :shakehead

RaceChic
08-21-03, 10:40 AM
Poo on you, Crapus. :(
He is a Cauncklehead ya know.... :gomer:;) :p

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
The only person that I can see not liking this is that pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard. :rolleyes: :shakehead

mapguy
08-21-03, 11:01 AM
:rolleyes: :shakehead

Nice comeback. Once again I try to add a little humor and you come in and pizz all over it.

The subject was about removing mirrors from F1 cars in an attempt to prevent blocking and increase passing.

The part about Schumacher was a joke. Do you have a paypal account? Let me know and I'll send you $5 to buy yourself a sense of humor.

Turn7
08-21-03, 11:15 AM
$5 :eek:

I got my sense of humor from a Cracker Jack box. It only cost 35 cents and I had a tasty treat to boot.

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 11:17 AM
Do I have to break out the MappyLand pics again? :D

mapguy
08-21-03, 11:20 AM
Do I have to break out the MappyLand pics again? :D

Go ahead. Just put it in another thread and try to keep this one on topic. :D

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 11:30 AM
Hey mappy... we'll get along just fine. Just try not to tell me the intent of my posts. It was not to piss on your post (do you feel that way about every post that you disagree with? I don't).

I did feel that a silly reply is more that fitting for JV's silly (imo) suggestion. You can choose to see the humor in that or not.

But telling me that I have no sense of humor borders on a personal attack. You don't know me, dude. If you did, I think you'd probably have a different opinion.

mapguy
08-21-03, 11:39 AM
Hey mappy... we'll get along just fine. Just try not to tell me the intent of my posts. It was not to piss on your post (do you feel that way about every post that you disagree with? I don't).

I did feel that a silly reply is more that fitting for JV's silly (imo) suggestion. You can choose to see the humor in that or not.

But telling me that I have no sense of humor borders on a personal attack. You don't know me, dude. If you did, I think you'd probably have a different opinion.

No worries. I apologize about the sense of humor crack. I just felt that the topic was going to get de-railed.

BTW. In my first post I noted that I thought it was strange. But the more I thought about the idea it made a little sense. The way I see it is that if the driver can't block then there would be more passing. The only problem that I see is when the leaders are coming up on backmarkers. So I suggest that they only put mirrors on the Minardis and Jordans. :)

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 11:43 AM
mapguy :thumbup:

I think the obvious point for me is that in too many situations safety could be compromised.

mapguy
08-21-03, 11:47 AM
mapguy :thumbup:

I think the obvious point for me is that in too many situations safety could be compromised.

Good point and that is why I don't think that it will happen. But it would be interesting to try it in a lessor series like British Formula Ford or the irl.

BTW. Next time you do a "Mappyland" can you make me look like Peter North from the waste down?

:D

RaceChic
08-21-03, 11:52 AM
I want to see the MappyLand pictures too!!! :gomer:

Ziggy
08-21-03, 07:42 PM
The reporters must be about done asking JV what he thinks. Whats next? Howitzers in the nose cones? Mirrors play an important role. Penalize those who block, dont sell out the safety to apease the lesser talent.

They could always go the spotter route...

Ziggy

Joe in LA
08-21-03, 09:41 PM
As mentioned in the Autosport.com article, motorcyle racers don't use mirrors and they have lots of passing and no blocking.

There is a critical difference. On a bike, you can swivel your head around and look back. Pretty hard to do that in an F1 car. I think it would likely result in less passing, and more crashing.

Foxman
08-22-03, 07:16 AM
The only issue I have with this is that bikes cannot interlock wheels - Formula cars can. We all saw what happened to Jeff Krosnoff and those cars had mirrors. IMHO Jaques is looking for any gimmick at this point, he knows his career is just about done unless he wants to take a SERIOUS pay cut, he sacrificed the best years of his career for big $$$ when he could have taken lesser money and been in a competitive drive..

Dr. Corkski
08-22-03, 09:11 AM
After Friday qualifying at the Hung-bor-o-ring I wouldn't be surprised if JVil suggests that they ban faster teammates. :laugh:

Ankf00
08-24-03, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
The reporters must be about done asking JV what he thinks. Whats next? Howitzers in the nose cones? Mirrors play an important role. Penalize those who block, dont sell out the safety to apease the lesser talent.

They could always go the spotter route...

Ziggy

I'm kinda hoping for SS infrared guided rockets mounted from pods above the sidepods :)

would give it a cool mariokart/diddykong racing type feel ;)

TrueBrit
08-24-03, 02:40 PM
getting rid of the mirrors. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24281&s=5) After a while of :saywhat: I realised that it actually isn't as stupid as you would think. As mentioned in the Autosport.com article, motorcyle racers don't use mirrors and they have lots of passing and no blocking.

The only person that I can see not liking this is that pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard.

I have to disagree with you here Mappy old bean, the dirty, cheating, pointy-chinned bastard needs mirrors in order to know when to utilize his patented chop move..Otherwise Buttmacher would simply be swerving from side-to-side of the track all the time unsure as to where his next victim is...:D

Cheers!! Pip!! Pip!!

TB

Did I forget to mention that I loooooooooooooved seeing Chin-boy getting lapped?? I guess I must have... ;)

Cam
08-24-03, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TrueBrit
I have to disagree with you here Mappy old bean, the dirty, cheating, pointy-chinned bastard needs mirrors in order to know when to utilize his patented chop move..Otherwise Buttmacher would simply be swerving from side-to-side of the track all the time unsure as to where his next victim is...:D

Whoa! There is an unthought of advantage of this idea! The Chin would then have to cover twice the race distance! :thumbup: I like it! :D