PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch Scanner tape

Racewriter
08-20-03, 08:14 AM
On Wind Tunnel last night, Dave Despain played this tape of Kurt Busch, talking on the radio and caught with a scanner, last weekend:

BUSCH; "See, I'm not very good at being bad. I was trying to flatten the 7 car (Spencer) fender and I got mine. I needed to be further forward on his car."

CREW MEMBER; "They just showed that on TV. You just missed by about an inch or two. Ah, not far enough forward."

BUSCH; "Inches only count unless you're playing horseshoes and hand grenades. Ah, I don't want to play either with that clown."

Busch had it coming.

racer2c
08-20-03, 10:32 AM
Personally, I would suspend him for the rest of the season.

Turn7
08-20-03, 10:38 AM
Since I don't know much about sarcasm, I may be wrong. However, when I listened to the tape on Wind Tunnel last night, they sounded very sarcastic in the conversation. Even though he made it sound like the rubbing was intentional, I believe it was with sarcasm and the crew member seemed to be playing along. It may be one of those things taken completely out of context and I would want to know if these "types" of conversations go on regularly within the team.

I know that if an outsider would listen to some of my conversations with my coworkers, they could be taken completely out of context because we are rather sarcastic at times.

It is a good argument toward it being intentional but, I don't think it is black and white proof.

DaveL
08-20-03, 10:53 AM
Maybe he should start deliberately crashing other cars out of the race and otherwise drive with complete disregard for the safety of other drivers.

Then he can become an icon like Dale Earnhardt.

Interesting set of standards to say the least.

Wheel-Nut
08-20-03, 11:11 AM
NASCAR should suspend both of them for the rest of the season, that way Good ol' Larry can move up two spots in the remaining races!!

devilmaster
08-20-03, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Maybe he should start deliberately crashing other cars out of the race and otherwise drive with complete disregard for the safety of other drivers.

He already does. He admitted in an interview once that he spun someone out to get a yellow flag.....

Got him a fine and probation, iirc.

Steve

turn1
08-20-03, 12:33 PM
"Dats Racin'"

JLMannin
08-20-03, 12:36 PM
So when does NASCAR inject the plot twist od masked drivers?

DaveL
08-20-03, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
He already does. He admitted in an interview once that he spun someone out to get a yellow flag.....

Got him a fine and probation, iirc.

And those fines were justified because of all of the times NASCAR punished Earnhardt.

Oh wait.

chop456
08-20-03, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DaveL

Then he can become an icon like Dale Earnhardt.

Spot on.