PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson auction

cart7
01-18-03, 10:25 AM
Anyone watching? A great look at old American muscle last night and was ruined only by an old American's jaw muscle moving too much(Yates). Looking forward to the Euro-super cars today.

devilmaster
01-18-03, 10:32 AM
I did watch all of it yesterday, and plan to watch the rest today.

As fer ol' Brocky, he only mentioned the cannonball once, at 7:27 PM EST (I was waiting for it, cause we all knew it was going to happen :rolleyes: )

But more often than not, he openly insulted the British and their cars. I wonder if Alain De Cadenet was tiring of the dumbass hick comments spewing out of the dumbass hick. God knows I was. :shakehead:

Steve

cart7
01-18-03, 10:57 AM
At times you could here the dumb a** Tee-Heeing in the background making fun of Alain. Personnaly, I thought Alain was great to have on the floor, even though he's not a big fan of the muscle cars he certainly showed respect for the place they hold in the hearts of Americana.

devilmaster
01-18-03, 11:14 AM
I just hope Speed quickly tires of his BS soon.

He did apparently make a reference to 'Japs', :shakehead before Varsha quickly went into the list of Japanese makes that usually show up at Scottsdale.

They accept emails in the booth. Think we could get enough people together to all email the same thing? Something simple and unmistakeable. Something like 'Brock, Shut up!' :p

Alain was in the show last year, again on stage. He's knowledgable, has a good eye, and is an expert when it comes to the European cars. A true 'car-nut' should have no problem understanding Alain's way of explaining the cars. Unfortunately, we have one of the Beavis and Butthead team of motorsports (A.J. Foyt is the other) in the booth.

"Hey look, Alain said lump instead of engine. heh heh heh heh heh"
"He called it a boot instead of a trunk. heh heh heh heh heh heh"

Here's hoping when the Euro supercars come out today, he'll be talking less because it 'ain't murican'. :shakehead

p.s. I apologise to all Beavis and Butthead fans out there for comparing the 2 stupidest people in motorsports to them. ;)

Steve

chop456
01-18-03, 11:49 AM
I didn't even know that was him.

Nice job misidentifying that Challenger R/T about a hundred times, though. But...but...the sheet says....