http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0817/1598059.html

and so it begins....

Mariofan
08-18-03, 01:37 AM
Leave it to Robin to bring it out! :thumbup:

chop456
08-18-03, 02:03 AM
And some choice Lee White:

"We understand they wanted Sam and GM to win a race," said White, whose company won the Indy 500 in its initial try last May and owns nine wins in 2003. "But my feeling is that they need to work just as hard as we do and whatever steps were taken to make him competitive obviously were successful.

"Now we expect to be given equal consideration. I think I'll give the IRL a letter requesting that we be allowed to bring in a new motor. Immediately."

"The IRL was worried about keeping General Motors," said White. "Maybe they should worry about keeping Toyota in the series."

:laugh:

DaveL
08-18-03, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by chop456
"The IRL was worried about keeping General Motors," said White. "Maybe they should worry about keeping Toyota in the series."

Boy is this gonna be fun to watch. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

jcollins28
08-18-03, 03:17 AM

LOL this is great. You could see this train wreck coming way down the line. Toyota threw a complete hissy fit over a intake spacer in CART. One can only imagine the what this will amount to.

Napoleon
08-18-03, 04:50 AM
The IRL is a total joke and the Chevy engine is just the newest example. At least in CART everyone played by the same rules. Not so in the IRL.

Kiwifan
08-18-03, 06:13 AM
I think it's all coming together rather nicely. ;) What's that sound? Do I hear an implosion? :) :) You betcha. Even Scott, who I thought was rather gracious in second place used the two fingered quotation marks when talking about the "engine package." Hee hee.

Rusty.

RaceChic
08-18-03, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
I think it's all coming together rather nicely. ;) What's that sound? Do I hear an implosion? :) :) You betcha. Even Scott, who I thought was rather gracious in second place used the two fingered quotation marks when talking about the "engine package." Hee hee.

Did he really???!!! :laugh:

Treeface
08-18-03, 08:49 AM
Be careful what you wish for. :rofl:

RacinM3
08-18-03, 11:23 AM
"But the IRL has done everything it can to get him back into victory lane. That's not necessarily fair but it's a fact. The fans seem to love it so we might as well shut up and move on."

SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE TELL ME.....what did Tony George EVER do to gain respect and create a situation where racers might make a comment like this? THIS IS NOT RACING!! :mad: :flame: :mad: :flame: :thumdown:

JoeBob
08-18-03, 11:28 AM
Whoever had "less than six months" in the "How long will it take for Toyota or Honda to threaten to leave the IRL pool", step up and claim your cash.

devilmaster
08-18-03, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RacinM3
SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE TELL ME.....what did Tony George EVER do to gain respect and create a situation where racers might make a comment like this? THIS IS NOT RACING!! :mad: :flame: :mad: :flame: :thumdown:

He was born and bequeathed. Guess thats enough. :shakehead

Steve

cart7
08-18-03, 12:20 PM
Hehe...I need to re-register over at TF under a new name just so I can see the meltdown in progress. :laugh: