PDA

View Full Version : I'll bet you can't do this.

Lizzerd
08-18-03, 12:15 AM
Try this while sitting at your desk:

Make clockwise circles with your right foot on the floor...

While doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

nz_climber
08-18-03, 12:39 AM
Im left handed - so it makes it damm impossable to write a six on paper let alone in the air.. and throw in the foot thing and it just a disaster..... now im getting some very strange looks from the folks next to me :rolleyes:

rocket
08-18-03, 12:39 AM
to wierd:saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
08-18-03, 12:58 AM
That went worse than I thought, I wasn't even going clockwise!!

Kiwifan
08-18-03, 05:58 AM
Buggar, can't do it.

Rusty.

nz_climber
08-18-03, 06:04 AM
ok i been practising - and still know luck - infact i think im getting worse! :mad:

chop456
08-18-03, 06:19 AM
I did it on the first try and have been unable to do it again.

The missing ingredient is beer.

RaceChic
08-18-03, 07:51 AM
Lizzerd.... Buddy..... you okay????!!!! ;)

Warlock!
08-18-03, 08:14 AM
No problem. Although anyone walking by my office would probably think I need a helmet on my head and a drool cup on my desk.

Warlock!

RaceGrrl
08-18-03, 09:48 AM
I managed to do it, but very slowly and with a great deal of concentration. Very weird.

devilmaster
08-18-03, 10:47 AM
Well, there goes another 10 minutes out of my life. D*** you bruce! ;) :D

Steve

Dave99
08-18-03, 03:54 PM
The circles my foot makes start out ok until I draw the 6. Then my foot-circles start taking on the shape of Sam Hornish donuts.

cartman
08-18-03, 05:36 PM
I can do it no problem, but it probably has something to do with being able to play the drums. Playing drums forces you to use your feet and hands completely independently of each other.

Lizzerd
08-18-03, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by cartman
I can do it no problem, but it probably has something to do with being able to play the drums. Playing drums forces you to use your feet and hands completely independently of each other.

Interesting... I've always wondered how drummers could get their feet and hands moving in all different directions and beat patterns. The very few times I've sat down at a drumset and banged away, I could never concentrate on feet doing one thing and hands doing another. Add to that a drummer that sings, and you have true multi-tasking.

Dave99
08-18-03, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
I've always wondered how drummers could get their feet and hands moving in all different directions and beat patterns.
The very few times I've sat down at a drumset and banged away, I could never concentrate on feet doing one thing and hands doing another.
Sitting down and hammering away right off the bat is the problem. You need to take baby steps, one thing at a time.
Having said that, I still can't recreate all the sounds I hear in my head. :gomer:

indyfan31
08-18-03, 07:19 PM

Been playing drums for nye on 20 years, and I still can't make a circle on the floor and a 6 in the air. :flame:

cartman
08-19-03, 11:55 AM

I use my right foot for the bass drum pedal and my right hand for the high hat, so the hardest thing for me to get over when I started playing drums was to get my right hand and my right foot to not do the same thing. Once I crossed that bridge the rest came a lot easier, but that was most definitely the most difficult obstacle to overcome.

cartmanoz
08-19-03, 08:28 PM
I could do it until I got to the underpart of the six, then my foot went in all sorts of directions!

Railbird
08-19-03, 09:30 PM
sounds like some kind of Martinsville field sobriety test for black guys to me.

(Indiana humor)

cart7
08-20-03, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
sounds like some kind of Martinsville field sobriety test for black guys to me.

(Indiana humor)
:laugh: