08-17-03, 09:48 PM
Too bad the long arm of the law might not agree:

http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2003/0817/1597991.html

Chaos
08-17-03, 11:04 PM
I bet there are a few drivers that think Mr. Robbie Gordon "has it coming"

Railbird
08-17-03, 11:11 PM
I can't believe the police are pissing away money on this.

A punch up in the pits is about as rare as a gray hair on my head.

Busch is a cocky lil' bastard who probably deserved it in some ways, but if I was him I would remind mongo that "we'll all wiegh the same at Bristol next weekend"

jcollins28
08-18-03, 03:22 AM
I do not think Jimmy will be at Bristol or any race for quite awhile.

devilmaster
08-18-03, 10:46 AM
I don't know the full story, but the way reports are sounding, Jimmy punched Busch through the window. :shakehead

When 'scared s***less' Eddie Cheever spun Dale Earnhardt around at IROC, Dale walked over to Eddie's car, which Eddie didn't want to get out of, and Dale told Eddie to get out of the car. His quote - "Don't worry, I don't hit guys through the window."

Steve

cartman
08-18-03, 12:45 PM
Busch is quite a lil' cocky bastard, but I'm not sure if he deserved what Spencer gave him. I watched the whole race and I didn't see anything at all between Busch & Spencer that would have warranted what Spencer did. Sure they rubbed a little bit during that last pass, but so did 30 other drivers out on the track and I don't recall seeing them cussing at or throwing punches at each other after the race. Spencer has been pulling this kind of crap for years and I for one hope they kick his fat out of shape butt out of the sport. I'm sure that there's quite a few drivers that wouldn't be too upset to not see Spencer out on the track anymore. Besides, the guy's a washed up has been anyway, he's basically a moving chicane every week.

devilmaster
08-18-03, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cartman
Besides, the guy's a washed up has been anyway, he's basically a moving chicane every week.

He's still doing better than Chip's heir apparent, Casey Mears... :laugh:

Steve

cartman
08-18-03, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
He's still doing better than Chip's heir apparent, Casey Mears... :laugh:

Steve

Not that much better though, Jimmy is 29th in points and Casey is 34th. Pretty sad considering Jimmy has about 15 years experience in Cup cars and Casey doesn't even have one yet.

Just read that Spencer is on probation for the rest of the year, $25,000 fine and suspended for Bristol. Weak.:shakehead

JoeBob
08-18-03, 03:56 PM
The fine/suspension isn't for what he did, it is for doing it after TNT's broadcast ended.

Railbird
08-18-03, 05:51 PM
25 grand and a Bristol ban is what I've heard for Spencer.

Season long probation for both.

Missing Bristol will be tough on Spencer, but considering R Gordon is picking up the tab and Busch gets the same probationary time it looks like the fat man walked off with a wrist slap.

jcollins28
08-18-03, 06:53 PM
Yeah I really thought (hoped) that NASCAR would have been a little harder on him.

TKGAngel
08-18-03, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry, but what did Busch do that po'd Mr. Spencer? All he did was pass Spencer for the lead with a little bit of rubbing. No worse than what some of the other drivers have done to each other at other points in time. Were words exchanged? Did someone say something about another's wife/girlfried/mother/dog?

About the police...I've read in different reports that the police had to pull Spencer off of Busch. First of all, are their police just randomly wandering the paddock to pull them off? Or did someone tip them off that this would happen?

And now Kurt Busch is concerned about his breathing? Seems he had surgery to correct a deviated septum, and now the docs are concerned that Mr. Spencer might have undeviated the septum.

Its a dramarama, and guaranteed to ensure that ratings for Bristol will be high.

Cam
08-18-03, 10:41 PM
Its a dramarama, and guaranteed to ensure that ratings for Bristol will be high. [/B]

Ummm...... CAB IS WWF on wheels remember. It's all a fantasy, and when you wake up all will be better! :gomer: