PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar/Infiniti Pro Series Drivers injured at Kentucky.

Chitowncartfreak
08-16-03, 04:17 PM
Tom Wood injured during IPS race.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0816/1597386.html

Vitor Meira injured during second practice session.

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/news/story.php?story_id=1820

Both look like fractures/possible fractures. Let's hope these injuries don't mysterious become worse during the next couple of days.

devilmaster
08-16-03, 05:08 PM
*sigh* :shakehead

Whats the count up to now?

Steve

fourrunner
08-16-03, 05:19 PM
I thought the Infiniti Pro Series was supposed to be a "Stepping Stone" to the IRL?

What the heck is a 46 year old doing in a series thats supposed to cultivate new Talent?

I hope Wood is OK but geez!!

RaceChic
08-16-03, 09:34 PM
It's a shame all right! :( :shakehead

Railbird
08-16-03, 10:03 PM
'dem ovals will bite you in the ass.

I've asked the same question fourrunner is asking all year.

Is it a training ground or a Walter Mitty experience?

A 46 year old coiled snake has to be getting a little creeky by now.

Ziggy
08-16-03, 10:41 PM
This guy crashed in the "Freedom 100" as well, like on the first lap (which took several to run, caused by you guessed it, a crash)

In the "what many people didnt realize" department, that guy Scott Meyer, who was the driver of record at the beginning of the season for PDM Racing, was also an older guy (above 40)

Ziggy

Sean O'Gorman
08-17-03, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
This guy crashed in the "Freedom 100" as well, like on the first lap (which took several to run, caused by you guessed it, a crash)

In the "what many people didnt realize" department, that guy Scott Meyer, who was the driver of record at the beginning of the season for PDM Racing, was also an older guy (above 40)

Ziggy

Above 40? I didn't even realize he was a driver, let alone that he was that age! :eek: :p

nrc
08-17-03, 01:17 AM
It seems like the road racing chasis they're using in Crapwagon Lights isn't very well suited to oval racin'. I don't blame Roger Bailey for taking a job doing something he believed in, but it has really turned out to be a fiasco. If it's not in his power to fix it he should just walk away.

Treeface
08-17-03, 01:40 AM
If it's not in his power to fix it he should just walk away.

That should be the epitath for the IRL.

Chitowncartfreak
08-17-03, 12:23 PM
Meira's accident and resulting injury is strange. He hit on the left side and appeared to have his right hand off the steering wheel, but he ended up breaking his right wrist. I would have thought his left wrist would have been more at risk.

As for Wood's accident, simply a nasty hit.

cartmanoz
08-17-03, 10:39 PM
Bloody hell. There is no way you would ever get me into one of those death-traps.

No wonder Dario wants to leave and Gil is contemplating retirement...