PDA

View Full Version : Kalkhoven & Gentilozzi CONFRIMED

Classic Apex
08-15-03, 11:00 PM
It's ALL coming together now...

Documentation (http://www.shareholder.com/cart/EdgarDetail.cfm?CIK=1051825&FID=1209191-03-17403&SID=03-00)

:cool:

trubritz
08-15-03, 11:03 PM
The first step one hopes.

Looking at the acronyms KK uses, I hope OWERS Inc (Open Wheel Racing Series Inc) is not a portent or bad omen...

JoeBob
08-15-03, 11:36 PM
It is always easiest if one company acquires another - so a corporate shell is set up to do the aquiring. Often, the name of that company is never seen again after the aquisition happens.

devilmaster
08-16-03, 01:15 AM
swwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Steve

DjDrOmusic
08-16-03, 01:54 AM
This is all good for those of us who love CART, and not so good for the residents of TF and one TG in particular! :D

Lizzerd
08-16-03, 02:04 AM
That stuff doesn't make a bit of sense to me, but if you all say it's good, I'm happy.

nrc
08-16-03, 04:01 AM
Short version: Kalkhoven, Gentilozzi and Forsythe have set up a company called Open Wheel Racing Series LLC which now controls 23% of CART's stock. Those are probably Forsythe's shares.

It's odd that Forsythe isn't mentioned by name, but the address for Willis Capital is the same address as given for Forsythe in the last proxy.

Now they just need to make an offer for the outstanding shares for approval by the board and the shareholders.

RaceChic
08-16-03, 07:36 AM
Bring it on !!!!! :D

RR. RS.
08-16-03, 07:49 AM
I love it when a plan starts to come together...
Let's get this done soon we can concentrate on racing once again!!
(so when are my "lawyers" going to get a call about buying my stock:) )

paper
08-16-03, 08:45 AM
so how does this affect that "end game" post? paper

Gurneyflap
08-16-03, 01:57 PM
Don't know, but I'd like to speculate. CART or whatever it becomes will continue to retrench, compress, dare I say shrink in size, impact and prestige IN THE SHORT RUN, and will NOT be a stand alone series. What makes more sense than pairing it with the Trans Am and growing them together? Sure, you'll lose the ovals, you may lose Europe but I still see Canada, Mexico and Australia in the mix (please, please!) Forsythe has bled enough, he's trying to cut losses. Gentilozzi WANTS a revived Trans Am. How many others will it take to pony-up for the remaining 70+%, KNOWING they will lose plenty for awhile? I know WAAAAY less about business than racing, but I hope a major open wheel road racing series CAN come from all this, even if it means the loss of diversity, a larger international reach and all live network TV. I really think we can kiss Mfg. V-10s good-bye and I don't see a situation more conducive to more "factory" involvement. I think Gentilozzi, at least, might be thinking of drawing more of that factory support to the Trans Am, while other owners will be more of the OW "experts".(?) Ahhh, me...at least this is more fun than wondering when a wake may be held.

Race Dog 99
08-17-03, 11:30 AM
The short term business model of primarily streets is an excellent model. Streets coupled with big name bands marketed PROPERLY with the Moto-Rock concept will draw huge. A weekend of CART, Toyota Atlantics, Trans Am mixed with Aerosmith and festival type activities will attract attention immediately!

What there indicating in Chicago to kick of the Taste of Chicago along with a major concert fits the model perfectly and that my friends would be a party! I don't know what it would draw but one could reasonably think 200 - 300 thou easily, I'm not sure what the taste brings the first weekend. After a couple of years, the proper major network marketing that concerts and events such as this provide will quickly make the permanent road courses more profitable as the fan base will be larger.

Finally, add in Genti's female connection and market the heck out of it I say. The question is, will the financial backing be there to market properly???????

Sean O'Gorman
08-17-03, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Race Dog 99
The question is, will the financial backing be there to market properly???????

Its not the financial backing that will effect their ability to market properly, its the product itself. An all street race series will go nowhere!

Jag_Warrior
08-17-03, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Race Dog 99
Finally, add in Genti's female connection and market the heck out of it I say.

:confused: What female connection?

Race Dog 99
08-17-03, 01:45 PM
Genti's strip connection, or was that all BS. I agree SOG, if you don't have a product, it won't be successful, but if you never see anything about it how can you expect it to be? They go hand in hand to be successful.

Gurneyflap
08-17-03, 04:36 PM
Actually I think the "new" CART would be better served by attempting a hook-up with varios aspects of the X-Games concept...110 MILLION TV viewers? Sold out venues? Especially the boards, bikes and cycs...natural connection, even better than the concert mix...or do those TOO! CART has been sort of an "extreme game", don't you think?

Elmo T
08-18-03, 08:04 AM
More detailed info from the CART website, but all that legal/financial stuff is over my head. The material is dated 8/15 but is shown on the CART website as being added on 8/18. Forsythe is listed separately here as an interested party...

Link: Schedule 13D (http://www.shareholder.com/cart/EdgarDetail.cfm?CIK=1051825&FID=950149-03-1972&SID=03-00)