PDA

View Full Version : How Does Heitzler Fit in to the Story?

racer2c
08-15-03, 10:39 PM
In Mr. Philip's latest, he mentioned a possible return in one Jargon Joe H. At first I thought it was tongue in cheek, but I recall a post somewhere awhile back that said Joe was an associate of one of the big CART players. If so, why not an out of court settlement? Or is that the settlement, return as CEO with an even bigger golden parachute? Wasn't it Chip and Rog who led the ousting of Joe?

Dr. Corkski
08-15-03, 11:06 PM
Remember Forsythe threw a big hissy fit when they got rid of Jargon Joe.

Lizzerd
08-16-03, 12:08 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that Joe is somehow involved with the promotion of the Mexican races (?). Isn't Forsythe a promoter or co-promoter of those races too?

I could be wrong, but that somehow rings a bell...

devilmaster
08-16-03, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
I think I remember reading somewhere that Joe is somehow involved with the promotion of the Mexican races (?). Isn't Forsythe a promoter or co-promoter of those races too?

I could be wrong, but that somehow rings a bell...

Jargon Joe was Gerry's choice for CEO. Word has it that Joe is still employed by Forsythe, and helps to handle the Mexico City race.

You were remembering correctly, bruce, iirc. ;)

Steve

nrc
08-16-03, 04:09 AM
Joe reportedly still works for Forsythe. Probably getting coffee and pressing his shorts, but his most important duty is holding a lawsuit over CART's head. Rumor has it that suit is settled but Joe has yet to sign the settlement. Why? Because he'll sign when Forsythe tells him to. In the mean time the lawsuit provides a hedge against anyone else who might make a run at CART either to kill it or run the price up.

oddlycalm
08-16-03, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
How Does Heitzler Fit in to the Story?

Every story needs an *******.

Chitowncartfreak
08-16-03, 04:26 PM
As Robin Miller said in one of his latest articles, "what in the name of Joe Heitzler is going on?!"