PDA

View Full Version : How do you say, "I'm so sorry" in Hillbillyese?

rabbit
08-15-03, 01:15 PM
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/nascar/article/0,1406,KNS_325_2182264,00.html

If the Gen IV isn't it, and if a major sponsor isn't forthcoming real soon, Fisher might even turn to stock cars - one of the few four-wheeled racing vehicles she has never commanded.

"That's definitely one thing I'm looking at," she said. "We've talked about it this year. It's a lot easier for a sponsor to justify a NASCAR program, even though it requires more expense."

lone_groover
08-15-03, 01:59 PM
http://www.sarahfisher.com/sarahfashionshow.jpg

If she goes, fat pig's gonna have to hire a full-time butt wrangler to help her cram those monstrous hocks through the little window.

:cry:

DaveL
08-15-03, 02:38 PM
If she went she'd make Shawna look like Ryan Newman. The smoking she'd get would be of Biblical proportions. She's spent the Earl season keeping one of AJ's boys company. She'd spend a NASCAR season keeeping the other.

If she doesn't crash out first because the car was too loose.

Napoleon
08-15-03, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
If she went she'd make Shawna look like Ryan Newman. The smoking she'd get would be of Biblical proportions. She's spent the Earl season keeping one of AJ's boys company. She'd spend a NASCAR season keeeping the other.

Classic :rofl:

KLang
08-15-03, 03:05 PM
I wonder what the guy in the back of the picture is motioning?

devilmaster
08-15-03, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Type-S

I think he's getting ready to grab her hand, just in case the plywood of the stage doesn't hold up. Just a guess though ;)

Steve

JT265
08-15-03, 03:26 PM

I suspect he's mesmerized by the sheer size and the disco ball effect the swaying is having on him. ;)

Racewriter
08-15-03, 03:32 PM

If she doesn't crash out first because the car was too loose.

Sarah will need some time in late models before she's ever ready for one of the big three NASCAR division - moving from the IRL to trucks is a step up.

fourrunner
08-15-03, 03:35 PM
I think she actually realizes she is just a Circus Sideshow!:eek:

Peter Venkman
08-15-03, 03:39 PM
Oh, the humanity.... literally.

cart7
08-15-03, 04:18 PM
In a way, I feel sorry for this gal. She's been mishandled from day one and was too young to realize that those people whispering in her ear about what a great driver she was was just BS. She should have continued her education in auto engineering and applied her on the track experience to getting herself a good job at another end of the business, in the pits or back at the shop. She's just not that good of a driver and people that continue to market her are just exploiting a rather untalented curiosity that isn't a curiosity anymore. :shakehead

devilmaster
08-15-03, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cart7
In a way, I feel sorry for this gal. She's been mishandled from day one and was too young to realize that those people whispering in her ear about what a great driver she was was just BS. She should have continued her education in auto engineering and applied her on the track experience to getting herself a good job at another end of the business, in the pits or back at the shop. She's just not that good of a driver and people that continue to market her are just exploiting a rather untalented curiosity that isn't a curiosity anymore. :shakehead

Bingo. Not many people remember, but one of the first drivers hired by Tony (if not THE first) was Lyn St. James. Sarah, like Lyn was a gimmick to Tony. Could she have been a good racer? We'll never know. She needed more schooling and seat time to get better.

Just like Danica now. I'm happy Bobby said another year of Atlantic.... I've been concerned that she would be pushed too. That car Vasser drove at Indy this year will be Danica's one day, no doubt in my mind. Argent sponsored that car, and have made Danica, their driver.

Tony wants Danica there, and I have a feeling, if Danica goes roundy round all the time, Sarah might not be needed anymore. Just like Lyn.

IMO, of course.
Steve

DaveL
08-15-03, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Sarah will need some time in late models before she's ever ready for one of the big three NASCAR division - moving from the IRL to trucks is a step up.

Sarah is too good for seasoning at the lower levels. Just ask her, she'll tell ya.

If she went to the Trucks, Bliss, Crawford, Leffler, Cook, etc would hand her lunch on a custom platter.

Oh, and what CART7 said. Good post.

RaceChic
08-15-03, 05:21 PM

Isn't that Michael Douglas??? From Fatal Attraction? :confused:

Racewriter
08-15-03, 05:24 PM
Sarah is too good for seasoning at the lower levels. Just ask her, she'll tell ya.

If she went to the Trucks, Bliss, Crawford, Leffler, Cook, etc would hand her lunch on a custom platter.

Oh, and what CART7 said. Good post.

Bliss, Crawford, Leffler, Cook?

Try Randy Briggs.

JT265
08-15-03, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Bliss, Crawford, Leffler, Cook?

Try Randy Briggs.

or Macdonald.

Chitowncartfreak
08-15-03, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic

I thought it was Scott Harrington myself :D . If it is, that must have been one sorry event.

racer2c
08-15-03, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Bingo. Not many people remember, but one of the first drivers hired by Tony (if not THE first) was Lyn St. James. Sarah, like Lyn was a gimmick to Tony. Could she have been a good racer? We'll never know. She needed more schooling and seat time to get better.

Just like Danica now. I'm happy Bobby said another year of Atlantic.... I've been concerned that she would be pushed too. That car Vasser drove at Indy this year will be Danica's one day, no doubt in my mind. Argent sponsored that car, and have made Danica, their driver.

Tony wants Danica there, and I have a feeling, if Danica goes roundy round all the time, Sarah might not be needed anymore. Just like Lyn.

IMO, of course.
Steve

Will DP go only in circles though? If the check is big enough I guess. A Shame.

devilmaster
08-16-03, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by racer2c
Will DP go only in circles though? If the check is big enough I guess. A Shame.

I think so. There have been a few things that stuck out when I've heard/read it.

- Bobby in an interview says something to the effect of: "without Indy, its hard to find a sponsor for the whole season" Its probably safe to assume that Danica wouldn't have the Atlantics sponsorship if it wasn't for the Vasser car at Indy, also sponsored by Argent. And naturally, Bobby is one that will forgo the politics and will run in the IRL if it suits him.

- Derek Daly in an interview basically flat out stated that Danica was going roundy round, at least for Indy, and said it would be interesting to see "Sarah the hometown girl and Danica who is a Spitfire go wheel to wheel"

- Danica herself said she'd love to go to Indy, and in her webpage on Argent's site, they label her as "Not only can she run Indy, she might be the first woman who can win it"

- Argent mortgage themselves. Danica is basically in a personal services style contract, getting a page at Argent's website. Argent is, like I said in both series to a certain degree, but Argent was big into Indy and IRL's website. Does that mean Argent wants her to go roundy round? No, but they've socked more money into the IRL, from what i've seen.

- Finally, Tony. Like I said above, IIRC, (and I think I do) one of the first drivers signed to the new IRL, if not THE first signed, was Lyn St. James. Tony likes the gimmick of a woman driver at Indy. Sarah was rushed up and when she became a regular, it wasn't long before Lyn was no where to be found. I don't have any doubt that Tony is salivating at the thought of Danica, who has beauty and some talent, running Indy. And if he can, I'm sure Tony will push for Danica to run full time in roundy round.

For Danica, the question becomes do you accept the checks, and enjoy the fact you have a ride? Easy answer. For the most part, I won't personally hold it against a driver who decides to take a ride so that they have a ride.

The above is of course a WAG (wild a$$ guess) by me. Will Danica go? I honestly don't know. But I see some writing on the wall, and I really don't like what I see....

Steve

Chief
08-16-03, 01:06 AM
Hey, back in the day Lynn St. James was a looker. I said LOOKER! I admit I had a crush on her too back in '92 ...

At least Lynn raced and payed her dues, ala IMSA, CART, etc. Sarah's just an Indy Car star by default (when they recaptured the name this year). Remember this?

Bundy (in a GTP Corvette) tried to pass Lyn St. James (in her GTP Mustang Probe) and the beautifully designed
GTP Jaguar (one of 3 in the race) into Turn One at very high speed.
Turn One, a narrow left hander, at Riverside is not a place where you try to pass equal strength cars. EVERYONE KNOWS this.
With this stupid move Bundy took out 3 cars instantly.
In milliseconds, tires squealed and cars grinded against each other as a big, long cloud of dust formed.
The Jag careened into the outside wall and the momentum took him along the wall for about 200 yards while the it disenagrated.
Lyn St. James' Probe flipped violently into the air as the car's body panels tore apart and were launched into the air.
Her Probe came to a sudden stop on the track, but had landed on its roof. Everyone in eye sight waited for the talented
Lyn St. James to slowly exit her demolished race machine. We waited. Then the Probe erupted into smoke and flames.
Then we saw an upside-down Lyn climb out of the cockpit. She was swarmed by the rescue/track workers. She was okay!
Then all the heads turned to where the accident had started: There was Bundy in his nearly unscathed Corvette.
I wanted to run on the track and rip Bundy apart for attempting a pass in a narrow high speed turn, destroying 3 beautiful
GTP cars and lastly, for putting 3 lives in danger.

Lizzerd
08-16-03, 01:55 AM
Who are you quoting, Chief?

mapguy
08-16-03, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic

Looks more like Ernie Eves to me.

Jag_Warrior
08-16-03, 10:42 AM
That picture reminds me of a preview to a Jenny Jones Show episode I recently saw. All that's missing is a caption above Sarah's head where she says, "If you can't keep it covered up, show it off! Honey, I knows I looks good!"

BTW, on another board, Sarah has also been linked to a ride in F1 with Minardi. It's the same thread where I'm marrying Salma Hayek - after I take over as CEO of BancAmerica. :rolleyes:

Cam
08-16-03, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jag_Warrior
BTW, on another board, Sarah has also been linked to a ride in F1 with Minardi. It's the same thread where I'm marrying Salma Hayek - after I take over as CEO of BancAmerica. :rolleyes:

:eek: I found the article! I would really like to put up the 'fish translationon my server, but I really dont want a cease and decist order from the other side of the pond!

Hardpoint
08-16-03, 01:05 PM
Whoever that guy is in back, it looks as though he needed to give her a push-start to set those thighs in motion. And by the look on her face, she REALLY enjoyed it.

racer2c
08-16-03, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
I think so. There have been a few things that stuck out when I've heard/read it.

- Bobby in an interview says something to the effect of: "without Indy, its hard to find a sponsor for the whole season" Its probably safe to assume that Danica wouldn't have the Atlantics sponsorship if it wasn't for the Vasser car at Indy, also sponsored by Argent. And naturally, Bobby is one that will forgo the politics and will run in the IRL if it suits him.

- Derek Daly in an interview basically flat out stated that Danica was going roundy round, at least for Indy, and said it would be interesting to see "Sarah the hometown girl and Danica who is a Spitfire go wheel to wheel"

- Danica herself said she'd love to go to Indy, and in her webpage on Argent's site, they label her as "Not only can she run Indy, she might be the first woman who can win it"

- Argent mortgage themselves. Danica is basically in a personal services style contract, getting a page at Argent's website. Argent is, like I said in both series to a certain degree, but Argent was big into Indy and IRL's website. Does that mean Argent wants her to go roundy round? No, but they've socked more money into the IRL, from what i've seen.

- Finally, Tony. Like I said above, IIRC, (and I think I do) one of the first drivers signed to the new IRL, if not THE first signed, was Lyn St. James. Tony likes the gimmick of a woman driver at Indy. Sarah was rushed up and when she became a regular, it wasn't long before Lyn was no where to be found. I don't have any doubt that Tony is salivating at the thought of Danica, who has beauty and some talent, running Indy. And if he can, I'm sure Tony will push for Danica to run full time in roundy round.

For Danica, the question becomes do you accept the checks, and enjoy the fact you have a ride? Easy answer. For the most part, I won't personally hold it against a driver who decides to take a ride so that they have a ride.

The above is of course a WAG (wild a$$ guess) by me. Will Danica go? I honestly don't know. But I see some writing on the wall, and I really don't like what I see....

Steve

Good post. :thumbup: