PDA

View Full Version : Petit Le Mans

cartman
08-15-03, 12:30 PM
Go ahead and make your plans to head to Atlanta for Petit Le Mans this fall. Not only do you get to see a fabulous race but you also have a chance to meet the equally as fabulous cartman!:laugh:

Seriously though, if any of you are coming to Atlanta for Petit this year, please let me know. I will even offer to put one or two of you (that's all I'd have room for) up at my pad and save you some hotel cost. Maybe the night before the race we could go up to Andretti Speed Lab right up the street from me and turn a few laps in the go karts to warm up for the race the next day.

Dirty Sanchez
08-15-03, 04:30 PM
Hotel room? pad? Pfffffft :rolleyes: :D

We're camping at the track doodsicle! I'm flying in on Thursday morning and my bud, Cartmonkey on cw.com is picking me up and we're heading straight to the track. There will be a coupla other Hotlanta crappies/OC folks in attendance as well.

CYA there :thumbup:

cartman
08-15-03, 05:45 PM
Cool, let me know where you guys will be. I only live about 25 min. from the track, so no reason for me to camp, I'd rather sleep in my bed and enjoy a climate controlled environment. My offer does still stand though if there are those of you that are coming and don't feel like camping. No interest in going to Andretti Speed Lab and turning a few laps huh? It's really fun and I'd love to get some of you guys out on the track.

Barton
08-15-03, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Crapus

We're camping at the track doodsicle! I'm flying in on Thursday morning and my bud, Cartmonkey on cw.com is picking me up and we're heading straight to the track. There will be a coupla other Hotlanta crappies/OC folks in attendance as well.

CYA there :thumbup:

I'll be there! :thumbup: Making the drive up from O-town with the sister and her fiance. More than likely camping. Look for me somewhere in the vicinity of Crapus, Monkey, et al. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
08-18-03, 12:58 PM
See the red arrow? I believe our camp will be set up somewhere near there. Bring booze. ;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~moffgmb/_uimages/RoadAtlanta.jpg

I'd love to go karting I just don't know if my drinking schedule will permit it. I'll need to check with my host.

cartman
08-18-03, 02:49 PM
I will find you guys and don't worry, I'll have plenty of booze. Just so you know, karting wouldn't cut into your drinking schedule at all, Andretti's has a full bar upstairs and I'll buy your first round if you end up coming out there.

Railbird
08-21-03, 09:37 PM
how about some details on the "at the track" camping deal?

Dirty Sanchez
08-21-03, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
how about some details on the "at the track" camping deal? I've been to Petit before, but this will be my first time camping at the track... so I can't speak from experience. I can consult with my experienced, tree climbing host if you'd like? (CARTmonkey on cw.com) Or you might want to try this number 1-800-849-7223.

Just checked the site... seems a little vague.

Only mention I could find was this line "Camping: All persons in campsite must have admission ticket." :saywhat:

The way that reads it sounds like its free or rather $25 for the parking pass!?

Railbird
08-21-03, 10:44 PM
tent and a beer cooler is all I'm concerned with.

$25 is what the Mid Ohio grounds cost this year.

sounds good to me

Dirty Sanchez
09-16-03, 03:52 PM
Got my ticket! :p

Big season ender for me.

Railbird
09-16-03, 09:40 PM
Got my $25 camping pass.

Me and the kid

can't wait

anybody have any insight on the short route (less time, not fewer miles) from I 75 to the track?

I see a SR20 that is pretty direct but looks like a goat path.

Would going on down to the city and then kicking back north on I85 be the easiest?

JT265
09-16-03, 11:22 PM
'Bird, 75 to 285 to 85 is still the fastest way around there. 285 is like 465 in Indy, you won't get right into town or anything.

Hope that helps.

Dirty Sanchez
09-18-03, 09:34 AM
Sorry can't help with directions. I'm flying in and getting delivered to the track by my handlers. :D

Be sure to look for us at camp. If I see yas around the track I'll be sure to say hello. I'm usually at the bottom of the esses at T5 or somewhere in the 10-11 complex. And I will definitely be at the bottom of the hill (outside 12) at sunset. :thumbup:

Railbird
09-18-03, 09:27 PM
'Bird, 75 to 285 to 85 is still the fastest way around there.

that's what I thought looking at the map.

thanks for the input

see you all there

JT265
09-18-03, 10:00 PM
'Bird, 75 to 285 to 85 is still the fastest way around there.

that's what I thought looking at the map.

thanks for the input

see you all there

If the racing God's decide all is cool, not only will I see all of you there, but I'm buying the 1st round.

And by round, I mean kegs.

Great big honkin' kegs.

On ice.

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-03, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by JT265

Great big honkin' kegs.

On ice. Can I be your new best friend? :thumbup:

Warlock!
09-19-03, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JT265
If the racing God's decide all is cool, not only will I see all of you there, but I'm buying the 1st round.

Great big honkin' kegs.

On ice.
It's cause I am not gonna be there, isn't it?

ISN"T IT?!?

Fine. I see how ya're...

Warlock!

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-03, 02:41 PM
Here's the provisional ENTRY LIST (http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm?h=/2003/events/petitlemans/headerpetitlemans.html&p=/2003/events/petitlemans/entrylist.htm)

Looks like no Bentleys :(

Barton
09-19-03, 03:56 PM
At least we've still got two Audis, the two JML Panoz entries, the Dyson entires, and a whole horde of GT cars. Also should be interesting to see the Lola B2K/10-Judd combo... doesn't look like the driver lineup will turn out to be anything exciting, though, for that car.

I will be out walking around the track Friday taking oodles of pictures... will probably park it for a while on Saturday in Turn 10 and then probably follow Crapus down to 12 at sunset... ;) I hope he doesn't mind having a stalker!

JT265
09-19-03, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
It's cause I am not gonna be there, isn't it?

ISN"T IT?!?

Fine. I see how ya're...

Warlock!

If, and there still is a good sized IF involved, but if everything works out correctly, I COULD ease down 24 some and pick you up on my way (in order to guard the kegs, you understand)

More later.

Hopefully sooner than later, but you unnerstand,

Later. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-03, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Barton
I hope he doesn't mind having a stalker! No prob dood, I'll need someone to carry my cooler for me anyway :p

Dirty Sanchez
10-15-03, 04:42 PM
So what's the deal with the kegs JT? I'll be at the track by noon tomorrow... unless my 6am flight out of ORD gets snagged.

See ya there :thumbup:

Look for the crappy banner.

Railbird
10-15-03, 10:39 PM
Me and the kid should be at the track Friday afternoon.

Hopefully in time for the Euro big rigs

JT265
10-15-03, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Crapus
So what's the deal with the kegs JT? I'll be at the track by noon tomorrow... unless my 6am flight out of ORD gets snagged.

See ya there :thumbup:

Look for the crappy banner.

Still waiting for the release. :( I may know late tomorrow, then I'll haveta hammer to get down in time. I'll look for you guys if I get the word.

And Warlock, you'll haveta drive like hell and meet me somewhere below Harrisburg, 'cause I'll be doing the 1000 Islands deal. ;)

JT265
10-15-03, 11:08 PM
Me and the kid should be at the track Friday afternoon.

Hopefully in time for the Euro big rigs

You'll see better and faster performance outta the banana haulers up and down 75 than you will outta the Eurotrash trucks.

Just an FYI. ;)

Railbird
10-16-03, 10:29 PM
You'll see better and faster performance outta the banana haulers up and down 75 than you will outta the Eurotrash trucks.

Yeah, but you can't beat the freak show aspect of it.

I've always been a sucker for sheet like midget pole vaulting and two headed varmints.

I'm torn leaving the Indy area this weekend with Manute Bol making his debute as a jockey at Hoosier Park.

Railbird
10-19-03, 04:24 PM
Just back

Waaaay Fun!

Great event, great crowd and quite possibly the best roadcourse I have ever been to.

more later after I shower shave and eat.

Dirty Sanchez
10-20-03, 10:39 AM
We rocked RA.

lateralus42
10-20-03, 11:50 AM
speedtv ruined the event by splitting up the race with garbage like truck racing and winston cup practice. :thumdown: