PDA

View Full Version : Any non West Coast people thinking about Fontana?

manic mechanic
08-11-03, 12:36 AM
If you are, please stay in touch...We have opened the Fontana (formerly 7G) base camp to OC, CW and other CART fan website members.

If you plan on attending the season finale (and possibly the last race at the last remaining big track on the schedule), please stay in touch with either Anaya or myself...Last year's event was BIIG!!!!.

I have already set the wheels in motion as far as continuing the "live beer" tradition..The BBQ will be post-race this year so as not to preclude any other fan events during the weekend.

If this is to be the last year in Fontana for CART, we have no choice but to "burn the place down"!:thumbup:

manic :D

RaceGrrl
08-11-03, 12:38 AM
I'm thinking about it, but we're not likely to get there. Have a great time, and good move on opening up the cookout to all forums- we had a fantastic time last night with the OC and the CW folks.

WickerBill
08-11-03, 08:01 AM
I'm thinking about it, manic. Just have to work out the (considerable) details.

WB

Turn7
08-11-03, 08:28 AM
I have thought about it. I would drive out from Texas and not fly to save on expenses.

Are there Hotels/Motels in the area? And if so, are they ones you would stay at? If not, how far away to get to a decent place to stay?

(Maybe you should start calling your camp the "paper summit")

spook
08-11-03, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
I have thought about it. I would drive out from Texas and not fly to save on expenses.

Are there Hotels/Motels in the area? And if so, are they ones you would stay at? If not, how far away to get to a decent place to stay?

(Maybe you should start calling your camp the "paper summit")

Fontana's track is about a 10 minute drive from a whole slew of hotel chains - in fact, most hotels are a couple of minutes from the Ontario airport, and the track is just 10 minutes from that. They're not 4-star hotels by any stretch of the imagination, but they're decent! Plus, the Ontario Mills Mall area is pretty good - and also relatively close to the track.

dirtyboy
08-12-03, 07:13 PM
Well I’ve lived in LA for some time and have yet to go to Fontana. I should be at the track on Sunday but it’s doubtful I’ll get there Saturday.

RaceChic
08-13-03, 10:11 AM
I would love to! Someday...... Someday......... :(

Twisty Bits
08-25-03, 11:21 PM
Am I correct in assuming Fontana is about 4 hours from Vegas?

JT265
08-25-03, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Twisty Bits
Am I correct in assuming Fontana is about 4 hours from Vegas?

Yep. 230 miles away.

Twisty Bits
08-26-03, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Yep. 230 miles away.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

SteveH
08-26-03, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Twisty Bits
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Same reaction for me. Southwest Airlines has vacation packages to Vegas, choice of hotel, car, double occupancy for very low cost. Of course, there are literally hundreds of pacakges for Vegas that are really inexpensive. Fly out Friday, race on Sunday and back on Monday. Something about Halloween in Vegas is oddly appealing. :D

You can also check out www.cheaptickets.com and travelocity, both have similar looks. Haven't really begun to compare deals but there are several.

Last race of the season.
Probably last superspeedway race.
Maybe last CART race, ever.

Its a must do.

manic mechanic
09-30-03, 11:16 PM
OK folks,

We are trying to get an idea of how many people might show up at the "Fontana oasis" and the Saturday night gathering. I can't confirm who might be in attendance Saturday night, but we are working on some guests...(one rather famous West Coast racer/team owner is in negotiation as we speak)

I am out of tickets save for 2 Saturday GAs, so if you are headed West for the finale', you are on your own in that regard.

It should be a great weekend.

manic