http://indyracing.artemisimages.com/Big/imsch1834.JPG

HA HA

Suck-@ss losers! :cry: :cry: :cry:

RacinM3
08-11-03, 01:01 AM
What a f***ing joke. Pathetic.

Napoleon
08-11-03, 06:08 AM
I had to stand in line at the port-o-johns at Mid-Ohio behind more people then are in that picture.

racer2c
08-11-03, 10:26 AM
To quote the next gov of the great state of Califorinia, "Oh my Got!"

pchall
08-11-03, 10:35 AM
Oval quals are so boring and nobody cares enough about the IRL to show up. Raceday looks a bit "better" in IRL terms. Still, it is pathetic.

Thank you, Tony, for all you concern about the future of formula car racing on ovals.

Chief
08-11-03, 11:17 AM
It makes the fence climber's antics even more meaningless.

pchall
08-11-03, 11:34 AM
Just think of all the people who were at Mid-Ohio for Friday practice and quals and the even bigger crowd for Saturday practice and second quals. Then look once more at that pathetic picture of Saturday at Gateway. Even being part of a moderate crowd at a road race is better than a Sunday baking in the aluminum fry pan of an oval.

Turning right rocks!

JLMannin
08-11-03, 12:31 PM
Is that race day or qual day - it's hard to tell with the IRL.

devilmaster
08-11-03, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Steve

spook
08-11-03, 12:35 PM

This will help you then......for comparison purposes! :)

http://indyracing.artemisimages.com/Big/imsch1953.JPG

JLMannin
08-11-03, 12:39 PM
That's a nice oblique shot. How about a head-on shot to judge the true fan density?

I admit, there are more fans on race day.

spook
08-11-03, 12:51 PM
That's a nice oblique shot. How about a head-on shot to judge the true fan density?

I admit, there are more fans on race day.

This was the best I could find.......

http://indyracing.artemisimages.com/Big/imsch1955.JPG

RaceChic
08-11-03, 01:27 PM
Are those all the people that only show up on race day because they aren't really EARL fans and got free tickets or got them coupled with NASCAR tickets??? ;)

devilmaster
08-11-03, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Are those all the people that only show up on race day because they aren't really EARL fans and got free tickets or got them coupled with NASCAR tickets??? ;)

Apparently, I hear there was an IRL day at a Cards game the day before. Coupons for discount tix. I'm sure if I was a track owner and had to choose between 3 days of paying crowds to 1 day of a race crowd, I know which i'd pick.

Thanx again, Tony. :shakehead

Steve

fourrunner
08-11-03, 01:38 PM
I'm disappointed, I thought getting Penske, Ganassi, Andretti, Rahal, etc. was supposed to solve the attendance problems. ;)

What do the Paying members of the IRL Family think about all the free tickets that are given out. I know there are comp tickets in CART but NOT to this degree!

JoeBob
08-11-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic

Actually, these are the "free or close to it" fans. They're easily identified by the red IRL hats that are part of the packages. (Usually it is something like 4 tickets, 4 hats, 4 hot dogs, 4 soft drinks for $80.) Firestone also gives out red hats, with their freebies, so these could be those as well. I don't know if Marlboro started giving away hats with their freebies again, but when they did - those were red too!.

In any case, a red hat indicates a free or very deeply discounted ticket.

pchall
08-11-03, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by spook
This was the best I could find.......

That's because Artemis shills for the IRL and has learned to never release an acute angle photo of the grandstands.

JT265
08-11-03, 06:03 PM
Looks like Hulio is scoping out the local talent, looking for a hottie.

Say, can you call a young guy a hottie? :eek: :rofl:

lone_groover
08-11-03, 09:20 PM
Oh that it were, JT. But alas, G'Helio's given up on finding love on the I*dyC*r Trail. Too many letdowns, too many lies.

How would you feel, when some white-haired old perv told you about Kentucky, and you were expecting to be assailed by a mob of naked, strapping young Laconian brutes in leather sandals; but when you got there, all you saw was a half dozen fat, whtie-trash hicks in black tee shirts?

Spartans. NOT!!!

:cry:

JT265
08-12-03, 04:32 PM
l_g, :rofl: :thumbup:

(gotta feel kinda sorry for G'hulio in a DAMN! Did i run over that chicken? sorta way) ;)

oddlycalm
08-13-03, 04:51 AM
Until the EARL came along, the Paisley Mosquito Festival was the most pathetic event I'd ever heard about. When mosquitos, scorching heat, bad home cooking and a dinky rodeo 300 miles from anywhere draws a better crowd than a race at St. Louis, there may be a flaw with TG's plan....:rofl:
Paisley Mosquito Festival (http://www.paisley.presys.com/Homepage.html)

Treeface
08-13-03, 08:18 AM
Doin' it Indy Style. :thumbup: :laugh:

cart7
08-13-03, 09:43 AM
http://indyracing.artemisimages.com/Big/imsch1834.JPG

WoW!! Pathetic. Qual day attendance has shrunk for the earl at Gateway. :shakehead I was at qual day there last year and I'm guessing there may have been a grand total of 500 - 1000 there between the stands,the infield, the parking lot, people on the shuttle tram, people in the johns, etc. This looks like 500 or less.

flobee1kenobi
08-13-03, 09:57 AM
I may be wrong here, but I count 99 people including the two flaggers.
Its pretty bad when you can actually do a quick headcount!:shakehead

devilmaster
08-13-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by flobee1kenobi
I may be wrong here, but I count 99 people including the two flaggers.
Its pretty bad when you can actually do a quick headcount!:shakehead

Did you count the guy in the car? :laugh:

100! WE HAVE 100! WHOOO HOO!

Steve