PDA

View Full Version : American Spirit

JAM26
08-10-03, 08:37 PM
Great showing. Too bad about Jimmy's crash. He had one of the drives of the year. I was really rooting for these guys this weekend and it was nice to see them run up front.
Those cars look pretty sleek running together.

RaceGrrl
08-10-03, 08:50 PM
A bunch of us were standing at the top of the Esses cheering for the Jimmy car to pass RHR... looked like he was close to it before he crashed. Good drive for Vasser.

JAM26
08-10-03, 08:54 PM
I was hoping Jimmy would pass RHR too, just to keep him honest. I wonder if he'd get his fueler back if he did?

jons
08-10-03, 11:14 PM
Jimmy was great today!He was really flying out there. Just blew the doors off Seastian. Can't believe they took his fueler though.

JSR
08-11-03, 12:26 AM
I did not like the fact that they took Jimmy's fueler away from him. Other than that the team was very impressive.

RTKar
08-11-03, 10:48 AM
It was mentioned on the scanner that both the PC and Jimmy were having trouble closing on there teammate ahead due to turbulence. I haven't seen the replay, was Jimmy close enough for that to have been a factor in his off? I would have guessed that team orders would have been in place for both Jimmy and PC and no passes would have been attempted, especially in the case of Players.

JoeBob
08-11-03, 11:35 AM
ASTJ is one of the teams that needs to show some good results to get themselves some sponsorship. Those that start up front at Mid-Ohio are almost always the ones who finish up front.

ASTJ isn't contending for a championship, and RHR had a realistic chance to win at M-O. I can't fault a team that is struggling to survive for putting every ounce of effort into a car that has their best chance to win a race all season.

I felt bad for Jimmy, but I really can't be upset with ASTJ for what they did. If it was Newman Haas or Players doing something like that - I would not feel the same way.

RaceChic
08-15-03, 08:41 AM
Yay Ryan Hunter-Reay!!!! :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

Mariofan
08-15-03, 09:32 AM
It was a "spirited" drive by Jimmy, but the replay looks like he just lost it. Maybe some race he will put it all together.

pchall
08-15-03, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mariofan
It was a "spirited" drive by Jimmy, but the replay looks like he just lost it. Maybe some race he will put it all together.

I saw him smoke his front tires twice in Turn 3 when he was close to RHR. He had a great drive going but he might have been looking to advance one place too far...