PDA

View Full Version : Full course yellow!

Formula1
08-10-03, 02:18 PM
Oh no! Not at Mid-Ohio! My pet peeve against CART!

Am I the only one to think that there are too many full course cautions in CART? The reason is to clear the cars for safety reasons - but I think it is dangerous to bunch the field up for another re-start - as what happened between Servia and Junqueiro. It looked to me that Moreno's car was not in a dangerous postion and should have been abandoned there. Bruno and Oriol were past the gravel trap and should have been abandoned there and a local yellow shown. The car that slowed and stopped on course should create a penalty situation for the next race for the driver not trying to put the car out of the way - such as way off course. He stopped there on purpose to get a tow to the pits! Jim Vasser's car should have been abandoned right where it sat - the escape hole through the fence was right behind him - local yellow as long as the driver says he is ok.

The new practice of picking up cars out of traps with the drivers still inside and moving them in a position to jump start them is a crazy idea! When the car is off and stopped - that should be it. If CART feels that they need to keep the car count up during the race - then put starters and a reverse gear in the cars.

racer2c
08-10-03, 06:24 PM
That's all we need is a bunch of red misted, punted drivers throwing it reverse and taking their half wrecked, parts spewing cars back onto the track.

jons
08-10-03, 11:09 PM
Actually, this race seemed to be better managed as far as yellows went. Even surprised Adrian's team.

pchall
08-10-03, 11:21 PM
I was amazed that when Dominguez stopped next to the track on the main straight there race control did not go FCY. Instead they sensibly went with a local yellow and the white when the safety truck went out to tow the Herdez car to a safe place.

Foxman
08-11-03, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by pchall
I was amazed that when Dominguez stopped next to the track on the main straight there race control did not go FCY. Instead they sensibly went with a local yellow and the white when the safety truck went out to tow the Herdez car to a safe place.

I was surprised by this as well. I think Dumbingez should be fined for that though, if you lose power you should pull off of the track.