PDA

View Full Version : Foyt futility watch for the week of 10/8/2003.

mapguy
08-10-03, 07:24 AM
At the Tantrum 250 at Gateway. AJ Foyt IV surprisingly wasn't the slowest Toyota. That honor went to Scott Sharp who wanked it in 20th. I guess the man upstairs wanted him to start from the back. Also slower than Foyt, but faster than Sharp, was Unser Jr. I guess the team has really been working on ashtray and cup holders on his Dallara. DFL went to everybody's favorite wanker, that Short-Bus superstar, Buddy Lazier.

Now for Larry Foyt. Hoo boy. Where to start. Brutal. This guy makes Shiggy look like freaking Senna. Good ole Larry was the slowest guy on the track. Over a second slower than the next guy, Paul Tracy's old FF sparring partner Scott Maxwell, who has never driven a cup car before.

There is a saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In this case these two apples landed in another zip code.

:thumdown:

DaveL
08-10-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
Now for Larry Foyt. Hoo boy. Where to start. Brutal. This guy makes Shiggy look like freaking Senna. Good ole Larry was the slowest guy on the track. Over a second slower than the next guy, Paul Tracy's old FF sparring partner Scott Maxwell, who has never driven a cup car before.

I'm disappointed mapguy. You didn't mention that Larry was over 4 seconds slower than the pole speed. I don't want to say his qualifying run took a long time, but during the time he was out there Jeff Gordon got married and divorced again. Matt Kenseth developed a personality only to regress back to his usual self. Jimmy Spencer ate enough burgers to feed a small African country. We finally found those WMD's in Iraq. And Teresa Earnhardt got her hair cut to Halle Berry length only to have it grow back again by the time Larry finished.

As I type this, AJ is trying to figure out what number he can put on the car next so he get another batch of provisionals.

Worst WC entry ever!

pchall
08-10-03, 10:54 PM
Thanks for keeping The Futility Watch going while I was at M-O for the weekend.

rabbit
08-11-03, 01:57 PM
There is a saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In this case these two apples landed in another zip code. :rofl:

pchall
08-11-03, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
:rofl:

More like an alternate reality where AJ is related to Marco Greco.

Treeface
08-11-03, 08:41 PM
Like a Speed Racer where RacerX and Speed have been replaced by Spritle and Chim-chim and Pops is a jackass.

JohnHKart
08-12-03, 06:00 PM
There is a saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In this case these two apples landed in another zip code.

:thumdown:

Except one of these rotten apples doesn't even have Foyt blood or DNA, so he already was from another Zip Code. Larry Foyt is adopted.

JH